ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Ilr end of september 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

megneduff
Newly Registered

Applying for Ilr end of september 2011

Post by megneduff » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:41 pm

Hello there

My tier 4 application was refused in November 2009 with the right of appeal. I made my appeal sometimes in Febuary 2010 and the appeal was successful. After that I was advised that I had to be patient and wait for Home Office's response. I have been waiting ever since for that final extention.

I made numerous calls to the home office and emailed them many times and wrote to them but they always asked me wait until my case workers writes to me.

It will be 10 years of my legal residence by the end of septmeber 2011 and I am worried thinking if they would refuse my Ilr saying I over stayed without any fault of mine.

I have been reading the Home office guideline which suggests I would have to vary the grounds of my Tier 4 application.

I would greatly appreciate if you could give a prompt reply and suggest what needs to be done. Many Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:34 pm

Do you mean your 28 day window before your 10th anniversary opens at the end of Sept, or do you mean your 10th anniversary is at the end of Sept.

2.3.6 Cases where an applicant completes 10 years continuous lawful residence or 14 years continuous residence while awaiting a decision
on an application or appeal

megneduff
Newly Registered

Post by megneduff » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Do you mean your 28 day window before your 10th anniversary opens at the end of Sept, or do you mean your 10th anniversary is at the end of Sept.

2.3.6 Cases where an applicant completes 10 years continuous lawful residence or 14 years continuous residence while awaiting a decision
on an application or appeal

My tenth anniversary is at the end of September. Thanks

megneduff
Newly Registered

Post by megneduff » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:17 pm

My tenth anniversay is at the end of September. I did read through the link that you have sent but its all so confusing. It confused me more. :?

megneduff
Newly Registered

Post by megneduff » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:25 pm

Could you suggest me what I would need to do under this situation Please.

Many thanks

Charming
Newly Registered

ILR by Long Stay

Post by Charming » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:03 am

Hello,

Someone told me that it is no long possible to get ILR through long lawful stay of 10 years. Is that true?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR by Long Stay

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:28 am

Charming wrote:Hello,

Someone told me that it is no long possible to get ILR through long lawful stay of 10 years. Is that true?
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

megneduff
Newly Registered

Post by megneduff » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:32 am

I just dont understand how the home office would treat my case. I won the appeal and they still haven not given me the extension as I was told I would to extend on tier 4. Now I would be applying for ILR dont know what they would classify my case under. The guidance is so confusing dont know what needs to be done :cry:

asifkhan78
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: ILR by Long Stay

Post by asifkhan78 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:39 am

Charming wrote:Hello,

No....10 years rule of lawful stay still exist....but thinking of closing 14 year rule in coming future...