ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guidance to apply for FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kalmefrnd

Guidance to apply for FLR (M)

Post by kalmefrnd » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi,
I need a help if someone can clear my doubts.

I am from India staying in London on a dependent visa since June 2010.
Now that my husband is applying for ILR SET (O), I am supposed to apply for an extension of spouse visa on SET (M). But the current visa that I am holding will expire in November 2011.
To get my dependent visa, I was asked to take an English test in India which I had taken in May 2010. Later I found the test was not necessary and got my visa before my TOEFL results came out. I have the email confirmation of the test That I had attended and my registration no. I can check my score online on TOEFL iBT website. But I do not have any certificate for this.

Is it sufficient that If I give the printout copy of my score sheet along with the email confirmation to the home office in UK or do I need to take another test in London?

Can someone help on this please ?
Deepa

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Anyone can design a score sheet using commercially available software(s) and print it out. Also, UKBA is not going to login to examination body's website, login with your details and check your result.

So IMHO, you will need a valid and original test score report issued by the examining body.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Thank u sushdmehta.....!

By chance do u have any idea if I can apply for the certificate by any means by providing my registration no...If so whom do you think I can contact for this?

Thank u,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:37 am

kalmefrnd wrote:Hi,

I need to apply for FLR (M) since my husband is applying for ILR in October 2011. I heard that I need to take a certified English Language test. But before entering UK, i had taken TOEFL iBT on 14th May 2011 in India. Is this certificate valid to apply for FLR (M) or do I need to take another english language test in London?

Could anyone let me know about this and the site where I can find the test dates.

Thank u

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:41 am

kalmefrnd wrote:Is this certificate valid to apply for FLR (M)
TOEFL test results are valid for 2 years, and where one takes the test is irrelevant. If you have achieved the required grades, you may use the certificate for your application.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:50 am

Thank u sushdmehta for the reply.... I had taken this test in Bangalore, India. After I got my results I was able to view it online. But I haven't received any certificate to my address.. Do u by chance know whom can I contact so that I can get my TOEFL certificate so that I don't have to give my exam again.
Deepa

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:01 pm

kalmefrnd wrote:Is this certificate valid to apply for FLR (M)
If you do not have a certificate, then why ask "Is this certificate ...."?

I responded assuming you have been able to arrange for one since your last post, and therefore did not question your contradictory statements then.

Only TOEFL can issue you a certificate for an exam that they conduct so you need to contact them to check. Else, you will need to take an exam again.

kalmefrnd

Post by kalmefrnd » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:07 pm

I have got my results and I am able to view my scores online on TOEFL website. I do not have any hard copy of the certificate with me.

My only question now is how do I contact TOEFL to get the hard copy of the certificate...??? I am totally blank and could not exactly find whom to contact on this issue..

Do u have any suggestions on this whom I can contact for my hard copy of the certificate.
Will the Homeoffice consider my Registration no as a proof of getting my TOEFL results if I fail to get the hard copy?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Approved English language test wrote:If you want to show that you meet the English language requirement because you have passed an English language test approved by us, you must provide your original test result certificate.

The certificate must clearly show:
- your name
- the qualification obtained
- the date of the award

Elena345
Newly Registered

Re: Guidance to apply for FLR (M)

Post by Elena345 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:57 pm

I need a help if someone can clear my doubts.

I am from India staying in London on a dependent visa since June 2010.
Now that my husband is applying for ILR SET (O), I am supposed to apply for an extension of spouse visa on SET (M). But the current visa that I am holding will expire in November 2011.
To get my dependent visa, I was asked to take an English test in India which I had taken in May 2010. Later I found the test was not necessary and got my visa before my TOEFL results came out. I have the email confirmation of the test That I had attended and my registration no. I can check my score online on TOEFL iBT website. But I do not have any certificate for this.

Is it sufficient that If I give the printout copy of my score sheet along with the email confirmation to the home office in UK or do I need to take another test in London?

Can someone help on this please ?
You will need a hardcopy to show UKBA. So if you need a new certificate issued, contact the TOEFL customer service. Here's the link for the online form:
http://www.ets.org/toefl/contact/contact_form

Good Luck!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Going forward, I need to apply for FLR (M). If I have the NARIC certificate stating that my education was done in English, do I still have take an english test for the English Language assessment?

Could anyone please help me with this issue.

Thank you,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:08 pm