ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for WP holder - Employment letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tara55
BANNED

ILR for WP holder - Employment letter

Post by tara55 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:30 pm

I am applying for ILR on 5 years WP basis same employer.

I went through ILR requirements for WP holder below (para 134).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part5/

My job title or responsibilities does not match any job listed in code of practice. I asked my employer if they can match up any closest job and mention in employment letter. It seems they are not willing to do so. They said they can provide a letter stating my job title, salary etc and my job start date.

Will such letter be sufficient?

genious

Post by genious » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:34 pm

no, you must have letter that clearly have your Soc code, Soc job title and you are being paid at or above as in code of practice.

you need to convince your employer.

tara55
BANNED

Post by tara55 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:05 pm

genious wrote:no, you must have letter that clearly have your Soc code, Soc job title and you are being paid at or above as in code of practice.

you need to convince your employer.
I got the employment letter. They have added SOC code. However, they also added a disclaimer that we do not accept any liability of this letter.......

Any one advice me if liability disclaimer could be an issue ?