ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp-4 for spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dublintogalway

Stamp-4 for spouse

Post by dublintogalway » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:15 pm

hi guys,

my spouse currently has stamp-3 for 2 years and 2 years multiple entry visa on the basis of dependent spouse visa.
I want to change my spouse stamp to stamp-4 as I have got irish citizenship now. I was told by immigration officer that spouse will only get stamp-4 for one year. Does it mean, i will have to apply for reentry visa again as now my spouse permission will be reduced to one year from 2 year?
Why stamp-4 is only given for one year? Is it normal?
Please advise
cheers

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:24 am

i think its normal because your spouse was already on stamp 3 for 2 years.so your wife going to get 1 year stamp 4.because you are irish citizen now.also she is elible for apply for irish citizenship after 3 year this is best scerio i can think.yes if you want to get rentry visa its free of cost because you are irish citizen.

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:38 am

IQU wrote:i think its normal because your spouse was already on stamp 3 for 2 years.so your wife going to get 1 year stamp 4.because you are irish citizen now.also she is elible for apply for irish citizenship after 3 year this is best scerio i can think.yes if you want to get rentry visa its free of cost because you are irish citizen.
Thanks IQU.

kiwiwife1

Post by kiwiwife1 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:16 am

I was initially given a 1 year stamp 4 as a spouse of an irish citizen, as the garda (outside of Dublin) said he had no idea who I was etc. Then the following year I was given 5 years (or thereabouts, to just before my passport expires).

Good thing is no fees on the GNIB card at least. Think it's crazy your wife should need a re-entry visa, some don't (like me), simply because we come from different countries. Surely the GNIB card should suffice.

fatty patty

Re: Stamp-4 for spouse

Post by fatty patty » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:18 am

dublintogalway wrote:hi guys,

my spouse currently has stamp-3 for 2 years and 2 years multiple entry visa on the basis of dependent spouse visa.
I want to change my spouse stamp to stamp-4 as I have got irish citizenship now. I was told by immigration officer that spouse will only get stamp-4 for one year. Does it mean, i will have to apply for reentry visa again as now my spouse permission will be reduced to one year from 2 year?
Please advise
cheers
Spouse of Irish stamps are given for one year period for upto 3 years, after 3 years completion its a straight stamp until the expiry of the passport, this is usually the norm but some officers have put on stamps for 5 years or in some cases for 3 years on first visits.

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:58 pm

fatty patty wrote:

Please advise
cheers
Spouse of Irish stamps are given for one year period for upto 3 years, after 3 years completion its a straight stamp until the expiry of the passport, this is usually the norm but some officers have put on stamps for 5 years or in some cases for 3 years on first visits.
thanks guys for your reply.

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:31 pm

fatty patty wrote:

Please advise
cheers
Hi guys,

I got stamp-4 for spouse today. it was given for 2 yrs as she had stamp-3 for 2 yrs. Initially immigration officer was giving for 1 year, and i explained him that if it will be given for one year than I will have to reapply for multiple reentry visa(as duration will be reduced from 2 yrs to 1 yr) as currently spouse has reentry visa for 2 years on the basis of old stamp-3.

Documents produced:-
my irish passport
marriage certificate
spouse passport
spouse GNIB card with stamp-3
utility bill as address proof.

GNIB card was printed immediately and no fee charged and spouse passport stamped with stamp-4
cheers

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:09 am

congrats

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:29 am

IQU wrote:congrats
Thanks IQU.