ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Cardiff PEO; SET(O) WORK PERMIT HOLDER

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mousugu
Newly Registered

ILR Success Cardiff PEO; SET(O) WORK PERMIT HOLDER

Post by mousugu » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi All,
Today, I got ILR based on 5 years work permit holder thanks for this website!!
I would like to share my experience here.

my appointment was 11:30.

[10:45]=Arrived at Cardiff PEO. I went through security check like airport. My phone, camera, ipod were kept with guard, no allowed to use in the office.
[11:15]=The guy called me at the counter. This office looks like a bank or post office. I submit my application and all the supporting document, and copy of all document. This is when you need to put all documents you have. He quickly checked my application and checked my photos attached on the application. Then he said it would take a couple of hours for caseworker to make decision, so he said I can go out of the building and when they finished they give me call on my mobile. so I went for shopping in the centre.
[13:00]=I went back to the office. Because I thought it was about the time. But security guy said I didn't need to come back unless I got phone call from them. Never mind.
[13:45]=Case worker called me, so I went to the counter, he said my application has gone through!! and passport will be posted with ILR to my home within 7 days. (because they don't have stamp facility at the Cardiff). And they gave me a application fee receipt. They withdraw money based on the credit card info on my application. I didn't do any interview. What I did is go there, submit document, go out and wait, and come back office and see the result. That's all.

I guess my case was fairly straightforward. These are what I prepared.

1.SET(O) application with 2 passport size photos.
2.Passport (current one and old one)
3.Letter from my company (confirming I am employed since ...., and my salary is above standard, and my employment is permanent base)
4.My immigration history (days of absent). I put together this list in excel sheet. All my absent was annual paid leave or business.
5.Letter from my company (confirming all my absent from UK is annual paid leave or on business reason)
6.Life in the UK test Pass Notification letter
7.Work Permit
8.Leave to Remain confirmation letter from Home Office
9.Bank statement (I brought 5 years, but they used only 6 months)
10.Payslip (I brought 5 years, but they used only 12 months)
11.P60 (I brought 5 years, I think they used all)
12.Council Tax letter (I don't think it's necessary, just in case)
13.Contract with my employer (This is also just in case)
14.Copy of all these documents (They returned this copy to me in the end..)

So Good luck for everybody who is going to apply ILR soon!!!

Bobbylondon

Re: ILR Success Cardiff PEO; SET(O) WORK PERMIT HOLDER

Post by Bobbylondon » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:20 am

mousugu wrote:Hi All,
Today, I got ILR based on 5 years work permit holder thanks for this website!!
I would like to share my experience here.

my appointment was 11:30.

[10:45]=Arrived at Cardiff PEO. I went through security check like airport. My phone, camera, ipod were kept with guard, no allowed to use in the office.
[11:15]=The guy called me at the counter. This office looks like a bank or post office. I submit my application and all the supporting document, and copy of all document. This is when you need to put all documents you have. He quickly checked my application and checked my photos attached on the application. Then he said it would take a couple of hours for caseworker to make decision, so he said I can go out of the building and when they finished they give me call on my mobile. so I went for shopping in the centre.
[13:00]=I went back to the office. Because I thought it was about the time. But security guy said I didn't need to come back unless I got phone call from them. Never mind.
[13:45]=Case worker called me, so I went to the counter, he said my application has gone through!! and passport will be posted with ILR to my home within 7 days. (because they don't have stamp facility at the Cardiff). And they gave me a application fee receipt. They withdraw money based on the credit card info on my application. I didn't do any interview. What I did is go there, submit document, go out and wait, and come back office and see the result. That's all.

I guess my case was fairly straightforward. These are what I prepared.

1.SET(O) application with 2 passport size photos.
2.Passport (current one and old one)
3.Letter from my company (confirming I am employed since ...., and my salary is above standard, and my employment is permanent base)
4.My immigration history (days of absent). I put together this list in excel sheet. All my absent was annual paid leave or business.
5.Letter from my company (confirming all my absent from UK is annual paid leave or on business reason)
6.Life in the UK test Pass Notification letter
7.Work Permit
8.Leave to Remain confirmation letter from Home Office
9.Bank statement (I brought 5 years, but they used only 6 months)
10.Payslip (I brought 5 years, but they used only 12 months)
11.P60 (I brought 5 years, I think they used all)
12.Council Tax letter (I don't think it's necessary, just in case)
13.Contract with my employer (This is also just in case)
14.Copy of all these documents (They returned this copy to me in the end..)

So Good luck for everybody who is going to apply ILR soon!!!
Hi Mousugu,

Congrats on success.
What is the address proof required to have for LUK / ILR application.
Do we need utility bill etc.
How many days you were out of UK in 5 yrs. & in last one year of applying(do they consider days out of UK in last one year).

I appreciate your reply.

Bobby :?

mousugu
Newly Registered

Post by mousugu » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:40 am

What is the address proof required to have for LUK / ILR application.
=my case was work permit holder, so address proof was not really important. financial proof is more crucial. But I submit council tax letter just in case to proof my residency in UK.

Do we need utility bill etc.
=I brought gas/electricity bills just in case, but didn't submit and didn't need those.

How many days you were out of UK in 5 yrs. & in last one year of applying(do they consider days out of UK in last one year).
=I was out of UK 178 days in total. 86 days on business, 92 days on holiday (annual paid leave). Because all my absent from UK is based on my employment, means my financial was sufficient during my absent, so it was no problem. List of absent days and letter from employer is crucial.