ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SOC code for my job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

virgos143

SOC code for my job

Post by virgos143 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Hey everyone ,..... could someone please confirm what will be my SOC code..... i was employed on january 2011 as an engineer with my candidate profile as a graduate seeking a first position or an engineer working on an innovative construction projects in a commercially driven environment....

At the moment my current job title is engineer, (BSc (hons) Civil Engineering. COuld someone tell me my SOC code would be as 2121 Civil Engineers and would it be counted as Civil engineers undertaking on the job training???? JUst wanted to make sure my salary level meets the requirement

the code list is in the link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Thanks in advance

polar

Post by polar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:42 am

Are you under the ICE Training Scheme?

If you are working towards chartership status, you can be counted as Civil Engineers under on the job training. If not you can try Civil Engineer working on project. As I remember the salary requirement are similar for both job title.

virgos143

Post by virgos143 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:50 pm

Thanks polar... yeah working towards my charter status but not enrolled on a proper training programme.... so where should i mention this on the application????

polar

Post by polar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:20 pm

You can justify this to your employer as you are working towards Chartership status, so you should be eligible to use the Civil Engineers undertaking on the job training. I think the most difficult part is to persuade your employer / HR you should using that category.

Once your employer is happy with this title, they can issue the SoC to you. then it would be ok.

Hope it helps. If you have any more queries, just feel free to raise it. ^___^

virgos143

Post by virgos143 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks polar.... in that case my HR are ok with that... i was concerened if UKBA might have something say ... but i guess it all depends upon them.... appreciate your help polar