ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for ILR and A packet waiting for me

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bunty4ILR

Applied for ILR and A packet waiting for me

Post by bunty4ILR » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Hello Good People - I applied for ILR on ten years grounds on 22/08/11. I received the ack letter on 01/09/11. My case is quite smooth and I dont see any problem why should not I qualify for ILR unless there is something seriously wrong with my case.
Now this sounds silly but plz bear with me. Yesterday I received a royal mail delivery card which is telling that they tried to deliver something and it is a 'packet'. Now I dont know what is in the packet because I am not expecting anything from anywhere - Royal Mail put a note that the packet is too big and I should contact them after 48 hours. (My application was not that big which cant be posted through my door).
I am very upset and cant stop thinking what if it is my application returned to me from HO. They took the money 972 GBP which is shown on my online statement. The form is correctly filled and signed, my pix are according to the guidelines, the KOL letter is included. Now my question is:
I posted my application on 22/08/11, what if the HO declare my application invalid due to some reason then where do I stand? would I be given 14 or 28 days to correct my application and repost it?Can I ring HO and ask them if they still have my application Sorry it could be something else in the post but having read some people experiences here I now expect anything.
Thank you for your time Sirs/Ladies.

jason77

Re: Applied for ILR and A packet waiting for me

Post by jason77 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:43 pm

just go and pick it up and see what it is.

bunty4ILR wrote:Hello Good People - I applied for ILR on ten years grounds on 22/08/11. I received the ack letter on 01/09/11. My case is quite smooth and I dont see any problem why should not I qualify for ILR unless there is something seriously wrong with my case.
Now this sounds silly but plz bear with me. Yesterday I received a royal mail delivery card which is telling that they tried to deliver something and it is a 'packet'. Now I dont know what is in the packet because I am not expecting anything from anywhere - Royal Mail put a note that the packet is too big and I should contact them after 48 hours. (My application was not that big which cant be posted through my door).
I am very upset and cant stop thinking what if it is my application returned to me from HO. They took the money 972 GBP which is shown on my online statement. The form is correctly filled and signed, my pix are according to the guidelines, the KOL letter is included. Now my question is:
I posted my application on 22/08/11, what if the HO declare my application invalid due to some reason then where do I stand? would I be given 14 or 28 days to correct my application and repost it?Can I ring HO and ask them if they still have my application Sorry it could be something else in the post but having read some people experiences here I now expect anything.
Thank you for your time Sirs/Ladies.

bunty4ILR

Post by bunty4ILR » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:46 pm

Cheers jason I will collect it tomorrow because royal mail wont let me have it before 48 hours. My question was what happens if HO returns your application as invalid. Any way thanks for your reply.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:12 pm

You can have it redelivered or collect it yourself tomorrow morning. Its probably something completely unrelated!!
Anyway, UKBA doesnt usually return the full application. They will phone you or send you a letter instead.

jason77

Post by jason77 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:43 am

Do you have an update
bunty4ILR wrote:Cheers jason I will collect it tomorrow because royal mail wont let me have it before 48 hours. My question was what happens if HO returns your application as invalid. Any way thanks for your reply.

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:44 am

could it not be your passport???

bunty4ILR

Post by bunty4ILR » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:35 am

jason77 wrote:Do you have an update
bunty4ILR wrote:Cheers jason I will collect it tomorrow because royal mail wont let me have it before 48 hours. My question was what happens if HO returns your application as invalid. Any way thanks for your reply.
no mate :( I went to post office seven times and it has been 5 dayzz but they dont have my packet. I am now very worried..... what if home office made my application invalid and sent it back.
BTW the delivery card shows the item is a packet and is too large. My application was not that large.... I only sent them my three passports, life in uk test and 2 pix. :( :?: Do u guys suggest I should ring home office?

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:16 pm

Im a bit confused...why doesnt the Post Office have your packet, when they are the ones who left a card telling you the tried to deliver it, and to collect it from them. Where do they say it is????

bunty4ILR

Post by bunty4ILR » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:03 pm

STLewis wrote:Im a bit confused...why doesnt the Post Office have your packet, when they are the ones who left a card telling you the tried to deliver it, and to collect it from them. Where do they say it is????
no idea mate, i went again to the post office and they yet again tried to fob me off. I have now made a complaint but it's not the solution, it looks like they have lost the packet.

bunty4ILR

Post by bunty4ILR » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:26 pm

I went to royal mail delivery office again this morning and after 6 dayz they still dont have my packet...... looks like they have lost it but the staff wont admit instead royal mail man suggested the packet could be anything...... he said few dayzz ago free tooth paste and light bulbs were delivered aroung the area but that is not for sure. He thinks HO do not ususally send docs using royal mail and if they do then it is alwayz recorded mail.
I have now made a complaint to royal mail customer serv. but it can take seven working days.
What do you reckon then? should I ring HO and ask them if they sent me anything? I feel very confused and frustrated.

lamzat
Newly Registered

Post by lamzat » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Call the Homeoffice and seek a progress enquiry on your application. They will let you know if its your application or not. Seems though it cant be your application because of the size of the package. Even at that the Homeoffice is not super efficient to consider an application within that time frame. Call and relax your mind.

bunty4ILR

Post by bunty4ILR » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:00 pm

lamzat wrote:Call the Homeoffice and seek a progress enquiry on your application. They will let you know if its your application or not. Seems though it cant be your application because of the size of the package. Even at that the Homeoffice is not super efficient to consider an application within that time frame. Call and relax your mind.
Rang HO today and gave them my reference number... the lady said there is no record of this reference number on their system..... The ref no is kind of IL00000000/01 which is different from my previous ref no with HO e.g. W123456 etc. The lady advised me to write to the address written on the ack letter which Croydon and ask them to clarify if HO has sent anything in connection with my ILR application. It has been three week since I sent my application but I do not exist on their system - is that normal? I am even more worried now :( :x

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:22 pm

This doesn't make any sense. You've shown the 'Royal Mail delivery card' to the sorting office and they say it could be free toothpaste or light bulbs?

They are correct though that Royal Mail don't generally delivery the UKBA packages. This is contracted out to a private company.

bunty4ILR

Post by bunty4ILR » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:28 pm

Casa wrote:This doesn't make any sense. You've shown the 'Royal Mail delivery card' to the sorting office and they say it could be free toothpaste or light bulbs?

They are correct though that Royal Mail don't generally delivery the UKBA packages. This is contracted out to a private company.
Thank u Casa...... this is only good thing I have heard today so far.
Yes that is what the royal mail tells me.
But I dont know why HO adviser told me today they dont have me and my ref. no on their record. They said write to Croydon address who sent you the ack letter and ask them about your application. :( :(