ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skr27

update

Post by skr27 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:06 am

Hello AALI24
our hopes were raised after seeing some of the june applicants getting approval last week. Lets hope it will be our turn next. good luck.

AALI24

Re: update

Post by AALI24 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:44 am

skr27 wrote:Hello AALI24
our hopes were raised after seeing some of the june applicants getting approval last week. Lets hope it will be our turn next. good luck.
Thanks mate, Good luck to you and all who are waiting.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:33 pm

guya you all in the Q so hang on there that will happend anytime :o
NAZIA XX

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Congrats daniash & karwan1!! Nazia, have you received your invitation letter yet?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Beige wrote:Congrats daniash & karwan1!! Nazia, have you received your invitation letter yet?
yes i did received invitation letter from HO and certificate detail on the letter is correct, my cermony will take place on 28th of this month its group cermony. thank you
NAZIA XX

AALI24

Post by AALI24 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi guys,

Could not stop myself and called UKBA been told going though checks and not been allocated to case worker yet.
When I said last time I called, I have been told its in the queue waiting allocation then he said all the checks should be completed before allocation to case worker so wait it can take between 3 to 6 months.

I dont know what to expect, I think still long way to go.

skr27

update

Post by skr27 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:18 pm

@AALI24
sorry to hear that mate. Wish they could give a more precise status so that we can stop worrying and be realistic about the wait.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:18 pm

whats worng guyz cheer up where are the approval i wanna know soon coz i like to give congratulations. :D :D
NAZIA XX

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Good news for me guys, got my letters through today - applied 13th of May, received today 15th of Sep - 4 months... but its finally over.

Another friend of mine had applied a week after me, but both of us had our fees debited on the same day, 24th of May. He got his approval 10 days beore I did... so looks like they've come to clearing applcations made in the May period.

Called the council as soon as I got the letter. They already had all my details and offered a public ceremony on the 28th of October, I asked for earlier, private, was given Thursday next week, I insisted on earlier still, and got Tuesday instead.

Thank you everyone here for the support throughout.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:56 pm

ILR_Applicant_UK wrote:Good news for me guys, got my letters through today - applied 13th of May, received today 15th of Sep - 4 months... but its finally over.

Another friend of mine had applied a week after me, but both of us had our fees debited on the same day, 24th of May. He got his approval 10 days beore I did... so looks like they've come to clearing applcations made in the May period.

Called the council as soon as I got the letter. They already had all my details and offered a public ceremony on the 28th of October, I asked for earlier, private, was given Thursday next week, I insisted on earlier still, and got Tuesday instead.

congrates mate can i ask you where do you live. i live in glasgow, did you booked with glasgow city council or any other council.
NAZIA XX

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:28 pm

ILR_Applicant_UK wrote:Good news for me guys, got my letters through today - applied 13th of May, received today 15th of Sep - 4 months... but its finally over.

Congrats mate.
Long long wait is over now. Enjoy the moment.
Also why you are getting more than 1 month for public ceremony. Is it busy council or how frequent they have public ceremony in a month?

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:31 pm

Thanks Nazia/gorayah

I applied through the NCS at Hamilton, but live in Aberdeen. They do private oath ceremonies twice a week, on Tuesday and Thursdays. Not sure what the frequency of public ceremonies is; it could be the next one is earlier, but fully booked. Its only 25 quid/person for a private ceremony so didn't ask too many questions and booked private for next week.

Riz

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:16 pm

ILR_Applicant_UK wrote:Thanks Nazia/gorayah

I applied through the NCS at Hamilton, but live in Aberdeen. They do private oath ceremonies twice a week, on Tuesday and Thursdays. Not sure what the frequency of public ceremonies is; it could be the next one is earlier, but fully booked. Its only 25 quid/person for a private ceremony so didn't ask too many questions and booked private for next week.

Riz
ok Riz good luck.
NAZIA XX

skr27

No progress

Post by skr27 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Hello all
called today, no progress, still in the Q to allocate to caseworker. :cry:

shs213

Post by shs213 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:56 pm

by the looks of things HO has picked up pace again... not necessaraly in terms of the number of approvals coming along.. looking at the recent applicants the money is being debited in couple of days from the application... acknowledgements generated sooner too...

Also there were couple of approvals too...

anyone here applied in end july / early Aug had any contact with HO for an update?

AALI24

Re: No progress

Post by AALI24 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:58 pm

skr27 wrote:Hello all
Sorry hear that mate, I can believe what they are doing?
how many checks they have to perform before approvals.
:?

daniash

Post by daniash » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:10 pm

The nightmare is not over.
After waiting for several days I called my council to see if I could arrange a private ceremony (I hadn't received any invitation)
They said that my name is not in their records at all, that they hadn't received my certificate and that this is VERY STRANGE. (They usually receive their certificates much sooner.)
This looks set to be another annoying wait to see what happens, request a duplicate, and so on and so on. More weeks will pass. I'm so tired and frustrated.
If I'm offered a private ceremony I'll do it immediately. I don't care if the group one would have been better and cheaper. I just want this pain OVER.

skr27

Post by skr27 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:20 pm

oh no, Daniash can't believe this is happening.

also one other instance of lack of clarify with regards to UKBA customer support office. ninj was told on 14/9/ that the application was with CW expect result in 10 days. ninj's post today seems to suggest that the decision was made before this call on 9/9. what is the point of having customer support team when they can't tell you what is happening?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:34 am

daniash wrote:The nightmare is not over.
After waiting for several days I called my council to see if I could arrange a private ceremony (I hadn't received any invitation)
They said that my name is not in their records at all, that they hadn't received my certificate and that this is VERY STRANGE. (They usually receive their certificates much sooner.)
This looks set to be another annoying wait to see what happens, request a duplicate, and so on and so on. More weeks will pass. I'm so tired and frustrated.
If I'm offered a private ceremony I'll do it immediately. I don't care if the group one would have been better and cheaper. I just want this pain OVER.
dont rush i received mine invitation letter after 10 days of date of approval and approval letter is nothing but the invitation is letter is formal and full detail of your naturalisation certificate on it so you can imagin what will be on your certificate so i willl suggest you dont rush. i was panic aswel today i have also received a letter from my local coucil with few token to bring few guest with me as i requested when i book my cermony i will suggest you to wait for the invitation letter because you have to provide your poll/cover number to council to locate your certificate.

goodluck
NAZIA XX

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:43 am

Nazia88 wrote:
dont rush i received mine invitation letter after 10 days of date of approval and approval letter is nothing but the invitation is letter is formal and full detail of your naturalisation certificate on it so you can imagin what will be on your certificate so i willl suggest you dont rush. i was panic aswel today i have also received a letter from my local coucil with few token to bring few guest with me as i requested when i book my cermony i will suggest you to wait for the invitation letter because you have to provide your poll/cover number to council to locate your certificate.

goodluck
Nazia...on this invitation letter to the ceremony...do they give you a specific date for invitation that you need to attend within limited time? can you change it to another date more suitable for you? or...they just give you a certificate and an open invitation...i.e you can call any council to arrange your own private/public ceremony?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:00 pm

karwan1 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:

goodluck
Nazia...on this invitation letter to the ceremony...do they give you a specific date for invitation that you need to attend within limited time? can you change it to another date more suitable for you? or...they just give you a certificate and an open invitation...i.e you can call any council to arrange your own private/public ceremony?
invitataon letter is a formal letter there is no pecific date of cermony on it but you have to contact the local coucil where you live NO you cant change the council just now. the date of the cermony you have to dissucss with the local concil coz ukba have nothing to do this once you get approval letter thats it then its local council who will present will you certificate on the date of cermony. hope this will help
NAZIA XX

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
karwan1 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:

goodluck
invitataon letter is a formal letter there is no pecific date of cermony on it but you have to contact the local coucil where you live NO you cant change the council just now. the date of the cermony you have to dissucss with the local concil coz ukba have nothing to do this once you get approval letter thats it then its local council who will present will you certificate on the date of cermony. hope this will help
Thanks...your reply answered my query.

osteophytes

Re: No progress

Post by osteophytes » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:31 am

skr27 wrote:Hello all
I applied on June 9th and still in Q! Stopped calling them. Last call was 3 weeks ago.

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Good news

I received my invitation on 14th Sept dated on 5th Sept.

Good Luck for everybody still waiting

skr27

Post by skr27 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Congratulations Mego_1980. good luck with the ceremony and passport application. thank you Osteophytes for the update. its clearly your turn now.

best