ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Financial Requirements?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dza926

UK Spouse Visa Financial Requirements?

Post by dza926 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:11 pm

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the minimum financial requirements in order for my wife to get her spouse visa (I'm a British citizen in case that has any special relevance!) ?

Savings? (something about enough to sustain us for the 27 months?)
Income after rent?
Anything else you can think of...

Any help is much appreciated!

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:50 pm

After rent/mortgage, c/tax and loans you need £105.95 left per week. Savings are not hugely necessary but obviously it looks far better. I had £1500. Any dependents that live with you will also be accounted for, and you need to have approx £65 per week per child.

fred911
Newly Registered

Post by fred911 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:10 pm

STLewis wrote:After rent/mortgage, c/tax and loans you need £105.95 left per week. Savings are not hugely necessary but obviously it looks far better. I had £1500. Any dependents that live with you will also be accounted for, and you need to have approx £65 per week per child.
Sorry for the thread hijack, may I just ask what the basic/essential payments they will look at to decide if you meet the minimum surplus? Is it just rent, fuel, c-tax, water and loans? or will they also look at your bank statments and add on other non essential things but which your paying for such as car insurance, mobile phone bill, broadband?

Thanks

dza926

Post by dza926 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:45 pm

STLewis wrote:After rent/mortgage, c/tax and loans you need £105.95 left per week. Savings are not hugely necessary but obviously it looks far better. I had £1500. Any dependents that live with you will also be accounted for, and you need to have approx £65 per week per child.
Cheers for the reply. So is that just taking into account my money? (Bit of a moot point as she doesn't have a job to come to straight away.)

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:55 am

If your wife has any savings, those will also be taken into consideration, but the focus will be your income because as you quite rightly said, she wont have a job to come to straight away.