ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel Document

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manheb
Newly Registered

Travel Document

Post by manheb » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:53 pm

I am not from European Economy. I have been in UK since 2002 then I married three years ago to an EEA. UKBA endorsed my passport, from my own country, with a Residence Documentation.
Now I do not know whether I need Travel Document or certificate of travel, if I need which type?

There are three types:
1. Convention travel document (which is for REFUGEES not me)
2. Stateless person's document (which I am not STATELESS)
3. One-way document (which is, well you know ONE WAY!!!!)
4. Certificate of travel (If you have been refused a PASSPORT by your OWN COUNTRY) which I do have my own country passport also as you see in UKBA website: ‘’if you have not been given refugee status in the UK and have not been recognised as a stateless person’’) which has not been defined my status BECAUSE they have been mentioned: ‘’You can apply for a certificate of travel if we have sent you any documents containing the following official reference numbers: (ACD 1047 - ACD 1080 - ACD 2164 - ACD 2168 - ACD 2169 - ADL 27 - GEN 19 - ICD 0009 - ICD 0128 - ICD 0717 - RON 58 - RON 60)’’

Well my document (RESIDENCE DOCUMENTATION) does not have any of above reference number on it.

Now what hell I should do. Can I travel abroad and come back to my 10 years life or not?

If you can help me please do because looks like the UKBA does not have the answer for it. Shame on their law because lots of people like me live in this country.

thank you,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Not sure I understand your question.

In order to travel you need a valid passport. You do need any other travel document from the HO. The EEA Residence Card sticker (either in your passport or on a stand alone A4 paper) prove your residence status in the UK and allow you to enter the UK on your return.

Depending on your nationality, you might need to apply for a visa to enter other countries.