ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILE visa for my Wife

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NNPS
Newly Registered

Dependent ILE visa for my Wife

Post by NNPS » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi,
I have Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. I recently got married and my wife lives in India. She has recently passed her ESOL exam and now I would like to sponsor a dependent Visa. I have filled the VAF4A form and have listed the following documents to be submitted. Kindly can everyone review the following and let me know if anything more required.

1) Covering Letter
I still have to draft one. Can someone post a sample if they already have one.

2) Sponsorship form(VFS Website)

3) My Bank statements - 6 months

4) My Payslips - Last 6 months

5) My P60 - Last 3 year

6) My Council Tax and rental agreement in UK - last 3 years

7) Details about my wife’s Assets and savings

8) My wife’s Educational Qualification

9) ESOL English Language test certificate for dependant
I decided to give the ESOL exam even though her degree was thought in English.

10) My ID proof(Passport)

11) My PR confirmation Letter

12) Wedding Invitation and Wedding snaps

13) Original Marriage Certificate

14) Proof of Communication(emails, call logs etc)
I would like to know what and how much proof would be sufficient. At the moment I am providing my call Log(telecom provider and calling cards statements), some of our email and chat conversation and Facebook account screen shot.

Please let me know if the above details are sufficient. Also would be very helpful if someone can post a cover letter and verify other document list.

Many Thanks,
NNPS

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:30 pm

If successful, your wife will be given a standard 27 month limited leave to enter visa, which she can commute to Indefinite Leave to Remain after 24 months of her arrival in the UK. She is not eligible for Indefinite Leave to Enter because she has not lived in marriage with you for 4 years, lived all of that time outside the UK, and has not passed the KOL test.

NNPS
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by NNPS » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:50 pm

thanks for the quick response. But just would like to know if the above document list fine for a Limited leave to Enter as a dependent?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:44 pm

You have your ILR and accordingly it is not correct to talk about your wife's visa as a dependent visa. She will be applying for a spouse visa, and she may or may not be dependant upon you.

The list of documents? Anything there not in the English Language?

As regards the accommodation test, you mention a tenancy agreement. Does that specifically mention that your wife is allowed to live in the place? If not, get a letter from the landlord or agent confirming that she has permission to live there.
John

NNPS
Newly Registered

Thanks John

Post by NNPS » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:55 pm

Thanks, I can understand that she is not a dependent. I will make sure the cover letter is made accordingly.

No nothing in the document that is not in English. VFS India are asking for a Sponsorship form... not sure if that is mandatory if she is not a dependent.

NNPS
Newly Registered

Also

Post by NNPS » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Is there a need for her to have a complete medical test or a TB test done for this application?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:32 pm

It's not a mandatory requirement worldwide and depends on the location. The VAC where you apply will apprise you of this requirement if it is necessary for applications submitted from that part of the world.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Thanks John

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:55 am

NNPS wrote:VFS India are asking for a Sponsorship form... not sure if that is mandatory if she is not a dependent.
See Documents required ... and there is no mention of a "sponsorship form".

Sponsorship undertaking is required when one is applying for entry clearance under the elderly or other dependent relatives category.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

NNPS
Newly Registered

Thanks all

Post by NNPS » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:23 pm

I am thinking of providing my wife's Degree certificate. Her bachelors certificate is in both english and in regional language though her degree was tought in english.

The tenancy agreement has no restriction with regards to my coming and staying at the property. I had sponsored my parents visitor visa last year with the same tenancy agreement which got through.Infact to be safe I have taking an written email from landlord with his agreement for my wife to come and stay with me.

My wife gave KET ESOL exam conducted by cambridge. She has just recieved her certificate and we may apply next week.

Do you guys suggest I check with a VISA Consultant before we submit everything?

NNPS
Newly Registered

Hello

Post by NNPS » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:52 am

Hello all... Is my Wife's birth certificate a required or prefered document... I think its not in english.

NNPS
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by NNPS » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:58 am

My wife has been granted Spouse Visa on the 21st of Oct. Many thanks to Lucapooka, John and sushdmehta to take time to respond to various queries and provide suggestions.
I will shortly be blogging my experience so that it will be helpful for other applicants.

Cheers,
NNPS