ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info required to apply for british citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dj_factor
Newly Registered

Info required to apply for british citizenship

Post by dj_factor » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:11 pm

Hello All,
thanks to everyone who had previously helped me for my Indefinate leave to remain this year. I got the indefinate this year in feb 2011 and wanted to know what is the next process/procedure for me to apply for british citizenship. Can someone be kind enough to help me with the right form that i need and documents required to apply for british citizenship.

If i got the indefinate in feb 2011 when can i apply for the citizenship.

BTW im married to a british citizen for more than 2 years and have been living in the uk since 2004.

Regards :)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:34 pm

You can apply now for British Citizenship as a spouse of a British citizen assuming you meet the requirements. In particular, that you have physically been in the UK 3 years before the HO receives your application.

Check here for what is needed and the form.