ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application for my new born children two months old

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kashif0116
Newly Registered

ILR Application for my new born children two months old

Post by kashif0116 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:33 pm

My ILR is due on 13th October 2011. My wife will complete 2 yrs before that. I am in UK on Tier 1 General point based system. I also have a baby born in June 2011 who is just two months old. Can I include my baby on my Set (o) application form. I thought may be some one has already gone through the same situation, so please guide.

Many thanks

Kashif

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:43 pm

If baby was born in the UK, then there is no need.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ayesha11

ILR for child born in UK

Post by ayesha11 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:11 am

Folks,
I contacted the UKBA regarding ILR requirement for my son and they send me this response which shows that I need to get his ILR as well
any suggestions/ comments still confused ............

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please be advised as you are currently in the United Kingdom with limited leave to remain, you will be required to include your child born in the UK as your dependant when you submit your application for Indefinite Leave to Remain as his immigration status follow the your status.

In order to apply for British Citizenship, yourself, your dependants including son born in the UK will need to have been granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
For information about British Citizenship eligibility, please visit the UK Border Agency website at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk, or e-mail our colleagues at ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk.

Alternatively you can telephone 0845 010 5200 (lines are open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) or write to the following address: General Enquiries Section, UK Border Agency, PO Box 306, Liverpool L69 2UF.

I hope that this information will be of assistance to you.

Yours sincerely,

geek1981

Re: ILR for child born in UK

Post by geek1981 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:41 am

ayesha11 wrote: Please be advised as you are currently in the United Kingdom with limited leave to remain, you will be required to include your child born in the UK as your dependant when you submit your application for Indefinite Leave to Remain as his immigration status follow the your status.

In order to apply for British Citizenship, yourself, your dependants including son born in the UK will need to have been granted indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
i don't think it's true
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /section4a

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for child born in UK

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:39 am

ayesha11 wrote:Folks,
I contacted the UKBA regarding ILR requirement for my son and they send me this response which shows that I need to get his ILR as well
any suggestions/ comments still confused ............
If the child was born in the UK, then the advice given by UKBA helpline is inaccurate.

Your choice - if you wish to follow vinny's advice (given above) or include your UK-born-child as your dependant in your ILR application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:02 pm

hi have u got ur ilr .wat documents u submitted

isda
Newly Registered

Post by isda » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:39 pm

you confuse us ayesha11. Is that the new law?