ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Court fine and Tier 1 Visa extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uday2509

Court fine and Tier 1 Visa extension

Post by uday2509 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi There,

I have few doubts regarding my Tier 1 visa extension, Thanks much if anyone could help me.

I have failed go out of city center when asked by police men during one of my weekend nightouts coz I was really really drunk, and I have been told to pay fine in the court and which i did.Do I need to mention this in my visa extention application, does it affect my visa extension. What is the impact? if it affects, any workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Uday

mayursha
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Visa extension

Post by mayursha » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:04 am

They do ask you about any offenses, you should mention all your offenses as they will anyways have the records of it. Be Honest and I am sure it will go smooth.

All The Best.

uday2509

Post by uday2509 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:17 am

Thank you so much mayursha for quick response,

Final question, does it comes under criminal offense?

Regards,
Uday

uday2509

Post by uday2509 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 pm

uday2509 wrote:Thank you so much mayursha for quick response,

Final question, does it comes under criminal offense?

Regards,
Uday
Does anyone have more information on this..

Thanks,
Uday

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:21 pm

As long as it is not a criminal offences and you haven't being tried in criminal court its absolutely fine...

uday2509

Post by uday2509 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:13 pm

Hello Everyone,

Its much useful for me if anybody post some useful information on this.

Thanks,
U

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:46 pm

What is the exact offence that you were charged with, and fined by the court for?

UKBA now requires applicants to inform about any criminal conviction or civil judgement through the migrant change of circumstances form.

Criminal conviction(s) are not relevant for extension application, but one must not fail to disclose any information regarding any offences that UKBA asks for. Not disclosing material information is akin to deception and has much higher penalties (e.g. - ban from UK).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

user_name

Post by user_name » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:53 pm

sushdmehta wrote: UKBA now requires applicants to inform about any criminal conviction or civil judgement through the migrant change of circumstances form.
Just a doubt - please would you clarify?

Is this form "migrant change of circumstances form" for informing UKBA about any changes you undergone after you filed your application?

Or does it mean that we have to send the "migrant change of circumstances form" to UKBA as soon as we are convicted regardless of we applied already, or we are applying soon or applying after an year?

Or does it mean that we have to send this form along with the extension application?

Many Thanks!

Sidonfire
Newly Registered

Post by Sidonfire » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:39 pm

The change of circumstances form mentions changes in any personal details to criminal conviction?
I also want to know do we have to update HO any any change in details or is it only while application is under consideration (which i think it is)????

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Click on the link provided in the response above, and read the information in the document.

user_name

Post by user_name » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:43 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Click on the link provided in the response above, and read the information in the document.
The document http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... stanc2.pdf says

"
The applicant must inform the UK Border Agency of any changes to the following for either himself/herself or his/her dependants:
personal details;
criminal convictions;
contact details;
representative details;
dependants’ details.
The applicant may also use this form to notify the UK Border Agency of any other information that he/she thinks that we should know.
"

So I think this is a requirement for only "applicant"
To my limited knowledge, it means if the circumstances of an applicant changes, then the applicant must inform the changes to UKBA.

Please share your thoughts.

Many Thanks.

uday2509

Need Help regarding my visa extension

Post by uday2509 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:38 pm

sushdmehta wrote:What is the exact offence that you were charged with, and fined by the court for?

UKBA now requires applicants to inform about any criminal conviction or civil judgement through the migrant change of circumstances form.

Criminal conviction(s) are not relevant for extension application, but one must not fail to disclose any information regarding any offences that UKBA asks for. Not disclosing material information is akin to deception and has much higher penalties (e.g. - ban from UK).
Hi sushdmehta,

Thank you so much for your prompt response,

I was drunk on one of my colleagues night out and i am failed to leave city center when asked by one of the police men...later i paid fine in the court.
Does it comes under criminal offence?

Thanks,
U

uday2509

Re: Need Help regarding my visa extension

Post by uday2509 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:49 pm

uday2509 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:What is the exact offence that you were charged with, and fined by the court for?

Hi sushdmehta,

Thank you so much for your prompt response,

I was drunk on one of my colleagues night out and i am failed to leave city center when asked by one of the police men...later i paid fine in the court.
Does it comes under criminal offence?

Thanks,
U
Hello Sushdmehta,

Could you please respond to the above..

Many Thanks,
U

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:53 pm

jetnet22
Newly Registered

Post by jetnet22 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:53 am

What is the exact offence that you were charged with, and fined by the court forlace front wigs?