ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employment terminated/redundancy 2 months before ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alinaqvi90
Newly Registered

employment terminated/redundancy 2 months before ILR

Post by alinaqvi90 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi All

I am currently on a tier-1 visa and will be applying for ILR in November2011. When I apply for the ILR can I claim my employment/earnings to be from Sep2010 till Sep2011. The reason is that my work are offering very lucrative voluntary redundancies which need to be taken by end of September. So if I take it I will be unemployed for October and November.

Please advise. Also if you know a home office number/email that I could use to get some accountable information from them that would be great?

thanks in advance :)

Ali

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: employment terminated/redundancy 2 months before ILR

Post by mk357 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:21 pm

alinaqvi90 wrote:Hi All

I am currently on a tier-1 visa and will be applying for ILR in November2011. When I apply for the ILR can I claim my employment/earnings to be from Sep2010 till Sep2011. The reason is that my work are offering very lucrative voluntary redundancies which need to be taken by end of September. So if I take it I will be unemployed for October and November.

Please advise. Also if you know a home office number/email that I could use to get some accountable information from them that would be great?

thanks in advance :)

Ali
Which visa were you on before T1G? If you are covered under the HSMP JR Policy then all you have to show is you are economically active during the last year which could be shown by sending job applications etc. If you have to achieve points to qualify for ILR under T1G then you should show the required income in the last year of your ILR.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:51 pm

mk357 wrote: If you have to achieve points to qualify for ILR under T1G then you should show the required income in the last year of your ILR.
As far as i know, one has to show salary in a continuous 12 month period starting at any time in last 15 months. So OP should be ok, however please wait for someone to confirm that.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:47 pm

xyz123 wrote:
mk357 wrote: If you have to achieve points to qualify for ILR under T1G then you should show the required income in the last year of your ILR.
As far as i know, one has to show salary in a continuous 12 month period starting at any time in last 15 months. So OP should be ok, however please wait for someone to confirm that.
That is for extension i.e. FLR. Ali, what visa were you on before T1G?

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:41 pm

mk357 wrote:
xyz123 wrote:
It also applies to ILR is confirmed in SET(O) form section 9A, Point A1 which states:

"A1. You can claim points for previous earnings for any single, consecutive 12 month period from the 15 months immediately before this application. The only exception to this is where you have taken a period of maternity or adoption-related absence."

alinaqvi90
Newly Registered

Post by alinaqvi90 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:05 pm

xyz123 wrote:
mk357 wrote:
xyz123 wrote:
It also applies to ILR is confirmed in SET(O) form section 9A, Point A1 which states:

"A1. You can claim points for previous earnings for any single, consecutive 12 month period from the 15 months immediately before this application. The only exception to this is where you have taken a period of maternity or adoption-related absence."
Thanks for all your input guys. I have read the above in the ILR form as well which conclusively proves that I should be okay :D.