ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier-2 CoS: change in migrant salary.. need advice.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vista
Newly Registered

tier-2 CoS: change in migrant salary.. need advice.

Post by vista » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Hi,
Can my employer apply for CoS now even though i donot meet minimun salary requirement?

The reason i ask this isbecause I will apply for tier 2 visa in january 2012 but my current salary will increase above the minimum criteria in december 2011.

My question is can i get a CoS now and then provide additional documents showing my increased salary during time of application later.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Unless the salary mentioned in the CoS application is (at least) the minimum required for the job in question for which sponsorship is being sought for, a CoS will not be issued.

Whether you get paid that amount of salary today is immaterial. The employer must certify that you will be paid (at least) the minimum as and when you start working on the job in question, as per the joining date the employer mentions in the CoS application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!