ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last date to join college approaching, visa not received

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mnouman85
Newly Registered

Last date to join college approaching, visa not received

Post by mnouman85 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Dear All,

I applied for the visa under tier 4 around 18 days ago from Karachi Pakistan. Last date on which I can be accepted at college is October 3, 2011. I have not yet received any update from VAC. The status of application is "forwarded to embassy".

What should I do ? and what can happen to me ?

Should I email the Embassy stating the fact that I may miss my session ? Is it recommended ?

If yes, who to email to ?

Thanking in anticipation

mnouman85
Newly Registered

Post by mnouman85 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:37 pm

The status forwarded to embassy is of 22/08/2011.

While I have also received an email from Consulate that I may face a delay due to large number of applications.

What is the expected time for receiving the visa in such situations usually.

Thanks.

----------

chloe87
Newly Registered

Post by chloe87 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:42 am

Hello M.Nouman! I'm in a similar situation here, and so sorry for both of us. If this isn't stress, then I don't know what is!

I know 3 other people "in the same boat", and they went to the VAC to ask for information on the processing times. The only answer they got was "it may take up to 120 working days, and we can't interfere with it".

I hope it is different in Pakistan (I'm assuming that is where you've applied from). Do you know any way you can contact them? If you do, then I think it wouldn't hurt trying, just for the sake of it!

All the luck!

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

Post by Abdulw87 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:32 pm

nouman contact your college and tell them about the situation and see what they have to say,

i studied at university of leeds and they have a deadline but one time my fees didnt came on time into my account and the last date for registeration passed but later they enrolled me when i paid the fees so it depends on the uni/college

they just give this date because if you join after this date you have already missed some studies