ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to present documents for embassy?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hannah/Bledi
Newly Registered

How to present documents for embassy?

Post by Hannah/Bledi » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:13 pm

My Albanian husband is currently applying for a spouse visa.

We went to the embassy yesterday to submit our documents for our application. We had all of our documents well organised in a lever-arched folder with sub-divided sections and plastic wallets holding all our documents for submission. My husband went inside the visa section to submit the documents and was told by the security staff that all the documents had to be taken out of the plastic wallets and folder before submission, meaning that last minute he was frantically trying to re-organise the folder. We now don’t believe the documents were easy to read which we had spent a considerable amount of time to ensure.

We were actually really proud of our work.

Anyway, after leaving the embassy we have again checked the appropriate way to present the documents and the general view appears to be that of which we had originally organised. We are very confused now? Was this the right way to submit the documents? Will this effect our application?

We were told to go back to the embassy later that day and when we did were given an interview date of 25th October.

We are just so worried now that documents might have gone missing and not checked properly as they have asked us to bring more documents with us to the interview (all of which we had already included in the application documents).

Has anyone else been told this when going to submit their documents?

archipelago

Post by archipelago » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:01 am

The same thing happened to my wife a couple of weeks ago, we were half expecting it as applications in her country go to a neighbouring country.

Don't worry they will keep everything together, we got everything back apart from the copies. We submitted an in-depth contents page at the beginning on two pages incase this happened.

It would help if they mentioned this on the embassy/worldbridge websites as apparently it happens all the time.

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:45 am

where you both applying in albania?

archipelago

Post by archipelago » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:47 am

No, my wife applied in Latin America

LadySSSS

Post by LadySSSS » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:55 am

I presented my documents in Serbia. I had them all well organised in a folders with sub-divided sections etc. The person handling the documents had to take them all out to check and note what i submitted, but she also put them all back as i decided to present it. I am guessing it depends from country to country, from embassy to embassy.

Hannah/Bledi
Newly Registered

Post by Hannah/Bledi » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:24 am

Yes, my husband is applying at the British Embassy in Tirana, Albania. I am a British citizen.

Has anyone else been for an interview at the Embassy in Tirana? When we were waiting there on Wednesday we saw other people coming out of their interviews and every single person had been rejected. I know every case is different but it didn't help our nerves.

Just wondering if anyone has had an interview there and what kind of questions they were asked and what the officer picked up on?