ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for spouse of setteled person in uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

himansuk
Newly Registered

ILR for spouse of setteled person in uk

Post by himansuk » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi
My wife in uk more than 2.5 years. She been in uk for 1 year as student dependent , 15 month as Tier 2 dependent visa .Now she is on spouse visa for 8 month as I got ILR.
Can any one please let me know, if she is eligible to apply for ILR as she is going to complete 2 years as my dependent?
OR she have to spend 2 years on spouse visa of settled person to eligible to apply for ILR?
Any reply /advice will be highly appreciated.
Many Thanks.
Himansuk

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:28 pm

She can apply now under paragraph 287(a)(i)(d). Why did she not apply for ILR jointly with you; 1 year student dependant plus 15 months PBS dependant is more than two years?

himansuk
Newly Registered

Post by himansuk » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:34 pm

thanks for reply. She did not apply with me because I got ILR under long residence category. Under Long residence category dependent are not allowed to apply.