ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Public funds and ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

louba
Newly Registered

Public funds and ILR

Post by louba » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:51 pm

Good afternoon everyone,
im applying for Ilr in january and im very confused about certain things:

1-my husband forgot to register my name on council tax for the last 2 years that i moved to live with him.
we send them an e mail today to send us a bill including my name on it as well we said that we are happy to pay what we missed from the last 2 years.
2-my husband was claiming JSA as well as council tax benefit on his name as im not allowed to public.but he cancelled it now.
3-he found a job now "not a great one" but im working as well full time.
4_ we do have a 2 bedrooms flat and we pay mortgage every month.
we dont have any depts but we dont have savings.
iam really worried about our situation..and i m scared to not get my ILR as we love each other so much aand our relation is genuine.
i need your help guys and any advise will be much appreciated.
thank you

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:28 am

I note that you are working full time. were you working throughout the time your husband has been claiming job seekers and council tax benefit etc,a nd if so for how long?

louba
Newly Registered

hello

Post by louba » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:58 am

STLewis wrote:I note that you are working full time. were you working throughout the time your husband has been claiming job seekers and council tax benefit etc,a nd if so for how long?
thank you for your reply
yes i was working while my husband was claiming benefits,but just on his name.

He claimed for about 6 months.

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:40 pm

if your husband claimed council tax benefit in his sole name, and forgot to advise that you were living with him, and the income you were bringing into the household was not been disclosed, then he has been committing benefit fraud, and most likely receiving more benefit that he would have been entitled to.

Your husband needs to advise them asap that you are living with him and have your details put on the council tax bill. No doubt you will want to use this anyway as evidence for your ILR application?

louba
Newly Registered

Post by louba » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:25 pm

STLewis wrote:if your husband claimed council tax benefit in his sole name, and forgot to advise that you were living with him, and the income you were bringing into the household was not been disclosed, then he has been committing benefit fraud, and most likely receiving more benefit that he would have been entitled to.

Your husband needs to advise them asap that you are living with him and have your details put on the council tax bill. No doubt you will want to use this anyway as evidence for your ILR application?
thank you
we already informed the council and they asked for my details so they can recalculate his claim.
so i m worried if that will affect my ilr???

louba
Newly Registered

Post by louba » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:25 pm

STLewis wrote:if your husband claimed council tax benefit in his sole name, and forgot to advise that you were living with him, and the income you were bringing into the household was not been disclosed, then he has been committing benefit fraud, and most likely receiving more benefit that he would have been entitled to.

thank you
we already informed the council and they asked for my details so they can recalculate his claim.
so i m worried if that will affect my ilr???

STLewis

Post by STLewis » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:51 am

thats good, at least you tried to put it right! Im unsure if it will affect your application, but at least you have been honest and rectified matters. That can only be a positive step.

Your visa states you cannot have access to public funds, which you havent. Your husband is entitled to on his own, as a UK citizen, The fact he wasnt honest when claiming the benefits is the problem, but if that has now been rectified, your application will hopefully not be affected.

Good luck!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: hello

Post by Greenie » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:18 am

louba wrote:
STLewis wrote:I note that you are working full time. were you working throughout the time your husband has been claiming job seekers and council tax benefit etc,a nd if so for how long?
thank you for your reply
yes i was working while my husband was claiming benefits,but just on his name.

He claimed for about 6 months.
what type of JSA was he claiming? Income Based or Contribution based?

louba
Newly Registered

Re: hello

Post by louba » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Hello..i just have been granted my ilr......yeahoooooooo