ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice regarding supporting docs for Spouse Settlement Visa.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mohammad24

Advice regarding supporting docs for Spouse Settlement Visa.

Post by Mohammad24 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:39 am

Hello Everyone,

Last month I made a thread checking whether I can apply for Settlement visa from Philippines even if my work permit and visa in this country is valid for less than 6 months.

I recently contacted the VFS office in Philippines and they confirmed that I can apply as I am legally living and working in this country.

Now my question is regarding the supporting documents.

I have acquired my salary payslips (from Jan till July 2011) and employment confirmation letter which was issued on the 11th August 2011.

Also, my wife got the letter from the estate agent in UK dated on 21st of July 2011 regarding the property we will be staying at.

Also, around 21st July itself, we have downloaded the property papers from UK government agency website to show the facts about the property.

So, my question is, I am planning to apply for visa around mid of September (between 15th and 20th sept).

So, can I use all these supporting documents issued on these particular dates in July and august? Or will they be considered as too old? The reason I am asking this is because, my brother was doing a Ph.D in UK and he came back to India. Later when he wanted to go back to UK, he submitted his bank statements but the statement for the latest month was missing in his application.

For example, he applied in May and submitted his bank statements from Jan to March. But they refused his visa on the grounds that his April bank statement were missing and hence they are not sure about his latest financial conditions. So, they refused to issue him visa in India.

Now in my case, I will be applying by including latest bank statement of August 2011. But do I need to also show my salary payslip for the month of August? Or 6 payslips till July would be sufficient? Also, the letter issued by estate agent on 21st of July is ok or is it too old as I will be filing my application around 15th - 20th of September?

Lastly, I work as a Software Solution Architect. However, VFS informed that anyone applying for Spouse Settlement Visa from Philippines will have to write english language test. Would this apply to me even though I am educated to post graduate level and have acquired my 16 years education all in English medium?

I would really appreciate some feedback on these concerns I have.

Best regards,
Mohammed

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:53 am

Can somebody please give some advice?

Regards,
AR

general

Post by general » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:29 am

Brother just do the language test,,,,even MBBS students have to do them and have been refused on these grounds, which is stupid but does'nt hurt as much when your refused for not having an Eng lang test cert when your a Doctor LOL.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:24 am

Mohammad24 wrote:Hi,

I'm in the process of compiling my documents to apply for the UK spouse settlement visa, and I've been told that I should send my Bachelors degree to the UK NARIC.

I have a few questions about this, which I'd appreciate some clarification on please.

I'm currently in the Philippines, so would the UK NARIC send any communication to my address here in the Philippines, or should we provide my wife's parent's address in England?

Would the address on the letter from UK NARIC impact my application in any way? I.e. if we use my wife's parents address in England, will that impact the fact that we're applying for the UK spouse settlement visa from the Philippines?

Thank you. :?:
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:02 pm

1. Where ever you ask them to send the report / document to. Do note that delivery is done by "normal" post so it may be lost in transit overseas.
2. No.

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:59 am

general wrote:Brother just do the language test,,,,even MBBS students have to do them and have been refused on these grounds, which is stupid but does'nt hurt as much when your refused for not having an Eng lang test cert when your a Doctor LOL.
JAK for your reply.

The thing is, the next available test slots are still quite far ahead, and my other documents will expire if I was to wait to sit the test.

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:04 am

sushdmehta wrote:1. Where ever you ask them to send the report / document to. Do note that delivery is done by "normal" post so it may be lost in transit overseas.
2. No.
Thank you for your reply.

Since posting the above question, I have come across the supporting documents (Specifically) for the spouse settlement visa: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... icants.pdf

It states:
How can I check if my Bachelors degree meets the criteria for the English language requirement before I make an application?

You can check this using the Points Based Calculator which can be located at the following UK Border Agency web address:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

The calculator contains information from UK NARIC as to which academic qualifications they deem to have been taught to the standard of a Bachelors degree in the UK.
I went by the above, and inputted my degree details on the Points Based Calculator and my degree was awarded 10 points and was considered to meet the English language requirement.

Therefore, am I correct in my understanding, that based on the above, my degree should be accepted as meeting the English language requirement, and therefore, I'm not required to sit an English test or send my degree document by post to the UK NARIC to get their approval?

Thank you!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Mohammad24 wrote:Therefore, am I correct in my understanding, that based on the above, my degree should be accepted as meeting the English language requirement, and therefore, I'm not required to sit an English test or send my degree document by post to the UK NARIC to get their approval?
Correct.

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:09 am

sushdmehta wrote:
Mohammad24 wrote:Therefore, am I correct in my understanding, that based on the above, my degree should be accepted as meeting the English language requirement, and therefore, I'm not required to sit an English test or send my degree document by post to the UK NARIC to get their approval?
Correct.
Thank you.