ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for ILR - can we send a letter to hurry it up?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pipwake
Newly Registered

Waiting for ILR - can we send a letter to hurry it up?

Post by pipwake » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi there,
I sent my application in by post on 7th of Aug, payment taken 11t of Aug and letter dated 10th of Aug.......so I am in my 6th week of waiting. I know that it will take around 3 months, but my son and I will be traveling early November with my partner (as he is travelling for business) for 3-4 weeks as it is too long for the family to be apart and then we leave MID Dec to go back to New Zealand to get married.
Has anyone every sent a letter or anything asking for there application to be processed faster? If so when would you suggest to send it and where to?
Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Unfortunately a letter will get no response. You are entitled to an update 14 weeks after submitting the application. Why didn't you apply in person at a PEO for a decision on the day?

xyz123

Re: Waiting for ILR - can we send a letter to hurry it up?

Post by xyz123 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:31 pm

pipwake wrote:Hi there,
I sent my application in by post on 7th of Aug, payment taken 11t of Aug and letter dated 10th of Aug.......so I am in my 6th week of waiting. I know that it will take around 3 months, but my son and I will be traveling early November with my partner (as he is travelling for business) for 3-4 weeks as it is too long for the family to be apart and then we leave MID Dec to go back to New Zealand to get married.
Has anyone every sent a letter or anything asking for there application to be processed faster? If so when would you suggest to send it and where to?
Thanks
sorry but not a chance that they will speed up if u want to travel!

luke79

Post by luke79 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:26 pm

One thing I have learnt from this ILR process, im no legal eagle btw, is if you use the settlment checking service with the LEA who then in turn forward your docs to UKBA on your behalf, the partner of the applicant gets his or her passport back at the point of file submission !

I know this does not fit in your case as you as an applicant wish to make travel plans, but on the topic, this may help someone.