ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Business Earnings and Period one can stay outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahmir

Foreign Business Earnings and Period one can stay outside UK

Post by shahmir » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:49 am

Period one can stay outside the UK
I see here many people say that they are returning to the UK because their extension is due now. As far as I know, one should not leave the UK for more than 180 days in five year period and one trip must not be longer than 90 days. So my question is, what happens when one applies for Tier 1 Extension with a 6 month or longer absence? Do they refuse and cancel the migrant status? Or what other options do they have? I also want to stay longer than 6 months outside the UK but I do not know how will it effect my case.

Earnings from a Foreign Business not based or present in the UK
Secondly I am very much interested to include my business earnings for Tier 1 Extension. The business is not based in the UK and has no presence in the UK at all. I have employees abroad and I will stay in the UK during the whole period. Would it be possible to include all this income of twelve months? I think this is something not very clearly mentioned in the guidance notes. Please guide me.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:27 am

The absences you mention are relevant only to ILR applications, not extensions.

Foreign income is clearly mentioned in the guidance on pages 18 and 19

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:06 pm

Many thanks Lucapooka. I have seen (in other posts as well) that you not only provide necessary information here but also help people to learn themselves through the guidance etc. That is great really.

My question is, what happens when you have lived abroad, more than 180 days out of five years. I am asking regarding the ILR applications.

I will read about foreign earning and will come to you again if need further help. Thanks again!
lets get together for migrants' rights

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:30 pm

It's simple, you are not eligible for ILR if you have been out of the country for more than 180 during the five years. Basically, you can only claim ILR once you have lived in the UK for a full 5 years (subject to usual leave and holidays and potential business travel). If you want to apply for ILR, you have to then keep extending until you have lived in the UK for a full 5 years (however, there is the consultation out in which it has been suggested that you should not be able to keep extending your Tier 1 visa and that there should be a limit to the amount of leave they grant you).

Another word of warning, there is a possibility that should you come to the UK simply to extend your visa, that your leave could be curtailed as you are not using your visa for its intended purpose.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Many thanks for warning me mulderpf. Seriously I didn't know about this new consultation.

I have read Para 105 to 108 of guidance notes which are about the overseas earnings. I still have questions.

I am about to start some business back home in partnership. This business will not be registered in the UK and I will stay in the UK during all business activities. The business will be based and operated overseas only. Would I still be able to show income generating from this overseas business to cover the income points for extension of Tier 1 (G). If yes, could you please guide me in maintaining the documentation which could help me later in producing the required documents for extension. So that from very beginning I prepare everything in such a way that they don't find anything to refuse me for this. Thanks

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:07 pm

Still waiting for the answer

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Foreign Business Earnings and Period one can stay outsid

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:38 am

shahmir wrote:Period one can stay outside the UK
I see here many people say that they are returning to the UK because their extension is due now. As far as I know, one should not leave the UK for more than 180 days in five year period and one trip must not be longer than 90 days. So my question is, what happens when one applies for Tier 1 Extension with a 6 month or longer absence? Do they refuse and cancel the migrant status? Or what other options do they have? I also want to stay longer than 6 months outside the UK but I do not know how will it effect my case.

this depends on ho , in past they have given some applicants and refused many , so all depends on yr luck on that day

Earnings from a Foreign Business not based or present in the UK
Secondly I am very much interested to include my business earnings for Tier 1 Extension. The business is not based in the UK and has no presence in the UK at all. I have employees abroad and I will stay in the UK during the whole period. Would it be possible to include all this income of twelve months? I think this is something not very clearly mentioned in the guidance notes. Please guide me.
income earned any part of world r considered by HO , so in this area u r fine
CDOKS

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Thank you Sushil.

mharoon79

Tier 1 general extension.overseas self employed

Post by mharoon79 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:26 pm

shahmir wrote:Thank you Sushil.
Dear Shahmir.
Hope you fine and keeping well. Whats your extension outcome? I have the following question,

I was issued a tier general visa on March-11 on the basis of salary and self employment(UK earnings). I have paid whatever the tax was due. Now, I have started other business in overseas and running good. I was physical present in overseas for 6 weeks from( Aug-12 till mid September-12) and did self employed work.

I came back UK in mid of September and doing lecturer job and also doing the overseas project as well and payments are being credit in my overseas account. UK business also going fine.

The query is

1 ) Can i claim overseas earnings as I am physically in the UK?
2) I have overseas bank statement, tax letter issued from the government.
3) DO I have to declare UK income although foreign income is enough for claiming points.

Hope to get a positive response soon

Thanks

mharoon79

Post by mharoon79 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:31 pm

mulderpf wrote:It's simple, you are not eligible for ILR if you have been out of the country for more than 180 during the five years. Basically, you can only claim ILR once you have lived in the UK for a full 5 years (subject to usual leave and holidays and potential business travel). If you want to apply for ILR, you have to then keep extending until you have lived in the UK for a full 5 years (however, there is the consultation out in which it has been suggested that you should not be able to keep extending your Tier 1 visa and that there should be a limit to the amount of leave they grant you).

Another word of warning, there is a possibility that should you come to the UK simply to extend your visa, that your leave could be curtailed as you are not using your visa for its intended purpose.
Dear forum members
Please put light on the following scenario.

I was issued a tier general visa on March-11 on the basis of salary and self employment(UK earnings). I have paid whatever the tax was due. Now, I have started other business in overseas and running good. I was physical present in overseas for 6 weeks from( Aug-12 till mid September-12) and did self employed work.

I came back UK in mid of September and doing lecturer job and also doing the overseas project as well and payments are being credit in my overseas account. UK business also going fine.

The query is

3) DO I have to declare UK income although foreign income is enough for claiming points.

Thanks

mharoon79

Post by mharoon79 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:34 pm

mulderpf wrote:It's simple, you are not eligible for ILR if you have been out of the country for more than 180 during the five years. Basically, you can only claim ILR once you have lived in the UK for a full 5 years (subject to usual leave and holidays and potential business travel). If you want to apply for ILR, you have to then keep extending until you have lived in the UK for a full 5 years (however, there is the consultation out in which it has been suggested that you should not be able to keep extending your Tier 1 visa and that there should be a limit to the amount of leave they grant you).

Dear Mulderpf
Please put light on the following scenario.

The query is

Thanks

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Mharoon79,

Why do you keep posting your question on multiple threads? You have already started a thread for your query, so be patient and wait for a response on that thread.

It is very rude for you to keep hijacking other people's threads and that is why you have probably received no answer yet.

Kind Regards

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:57 pm

thebionicredneck2003 wrote:Mharoon79,

Why do you keep posting your question on multiple threads? You have already started a thread for your query, so be patient and wait for a response on that thread.
I agree! And the fact that he is sending PM's (I've had 2 from him today which I have ignored) does nothing to help. Where are your manners? If you are in trouble, hire a professional, but please stop making a complete nuisance of yourself on this forum.

mharoon79

Post by mharoon79 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Lucapooka wrote:

I agree! And the fact that he is sending PM's (I've had 2 from him today which I have ignored) does nothing to help. Where are your manners? If you are in trouble, hire a professional, but please stop making a complete nuisance of yourself on this forum.
Dear Lucapooka and thebionicredneck2003,
I would like to clarify what happened. I sent PM to lucapooka and had a reply but that was not in related to my query then I did PM to other forum member and he said put the question in the forum which I did. If this cause any problem and inconvenience to other so I make sorry and make sure it wont happen again

Sorry to all forum members
Thanks

sensible
Newly Registered

Post by sensible » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:18 pm

It is very rude for you to keep hijacking other people's threads and that is why you have probably received no answer yet.

Kind Regards
HI thebionicredneck2003
Hope you will have accepted my apologize.
Any advice on my question?

d1o

Post by d1o » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:45 am

So I take it user "mharoon79" and user "sensible" are one and the same person then?

mharoon79

Post by mharoon79 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:19 am

d1o wrote:So I take it user "mharoon79" and user "sensible" are one and the same person then?
YES, mharoon79 is my active id