ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

schengen visa help needed

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wayblock

schengen visa help needed

Post by wayblock » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:36 am

Hi Guys,

I'm on spouse visa of my British Partner. We are planning to have our Christmas in Berlin, Germany. As we are travelling together so do I need visit visa to travel to Berlin. I heard if you are spouse visa and you are travelling with your british citizen partner then you don't any visa to stay upto 90 days but if you travel your own then you do need visit visa.

Please can anyone confirm me this.

Many Thanks

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:11 am

You are the spouse of a EU national but because you do not have a residence document that states "family member of a EU/EEA national" (issued under the EU route), you will have to apply for a Schengen visa. However, this visa should be free and processed quickly with very few docs rqd.

Better to book your appt. at the German embassy quick; there's often a high demand there with most appt slots fully booked up to 3 months in advance.

Enjoy the Christmas markets and funfair and fanfare in Berlin!

wayblock

Post by wayblock » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi Plum70,

Thanks for the informations. The only thing confusing me here

http://www.london.diplo.de/Vertretung/l ... seite.html

On the German Embassy website they've said

"a partner (married or civil partnership) or child of an EU/EEA/EFTA national if you hold a British "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National" or a "Permanent Residence Card" - and only if you are travelling together with the EU/EEA/EFTA national."

I thought Residence Card mean my spouse visa isn't it.

Please would you tell me how can I apply for Residence Card as it will be helpful having it for future travelling.

Many Thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:28 pm

wayblock wrote:I thought Residence Card mean my spouse visa isn't it.
No. That's the actual name of the document (in practice it does not have to be a card and it isn't in the UK but merely a sticker) and not just a reference to its particular format.

wayblock wrote:Please would you tell me how can I apply for Residence Card as it will be helpful having it for future travelling.
I very much doubt you want to do that.

You could still make use of Article 5(4) of Directive 2004/38/EC to travel without a visa. This has been described here on various occassions and there are claims that some have been successful.

wayblock

Post by wayblock » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi Thanks. I think its better to apply for visa than instead of facing troubles at the end and messing up christmas.

Please would you confirm me below documents, are these the only documents required to apply for German Schengen visa.

Spouses of a European Union Citizen

For all kinds of short stay visas:

spouse's passport + copy
applicant's passport + copy
marriage certificate + copy
address in Germany.

And anyone got any idea how long would it take as my wife is journalist and she travels lot so she needs her passport most of the time.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:05 pm

You obviously have this information from their web page and there is a message regarding current procesing times there now. You just simply follow the advice although I would think that the proof of address is not necessary if you travel there together.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:19 pm

You can do the application with the German embassy by post.

For some reason they ask for the address in Germany. I would personally not provide it. They have very clear instructions not to ask for it, so I am not sure why they still do.

KarenYucel
Newly Registered

Post by KarenYucel » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:29 pm

We applied for a schengen visa from German embassy via post, and it took about 5 days to come back. We only included originals and copy of passports (mine and husbands), marriage certificate, application form and photograph of my husband. Most of the application form does not need to be filled out, the bits for spouse of EU citizen are highlighted and are very basic. We included an address of where we were staying but as poster above says, you do not need to include this.
Application is free and is valid for 3 months (90 days).
Good luck