ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a Tier 1 extension - How to calculate earnings?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

koila
Newly Registered

Applying for a Tier 1 extension - How to calculate earnings?

Post by koila » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:55 pm

I got my Tier 1 in Oct 2008. I started my first job in UK with a gross salary of 30K. I did this for 10 months. Second job lasted for 4 months at 40k per annum. I am in my third and current job at 45K per annum since Jan 2011.

I would like advice on -

1. What is my salary band and
2. How many points am I eligible to earn when I apply for extension in a months time ie before Oct 2011.

How do I calculate this ? Does the earnings claimed have to be after TAX or before TAX.

Kindly advice.

Thanks in advance.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for a Tier 1 extension - How to calculate earni

Post by networkers » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:41 pm

koila wrote:I got my Tier 1 in Oct 2008. I started my first job in UK with a gross salary of 30K. I did this for 10 months. Second job lasted for 4 months at 40k per annum. I am in my third and current job at 45K per annum since Jan 2011.

I would like advice on -

1. What is my salary band and
2. How many points am I eligible to earn when I apply for extension in a months time ie before Oct 2011.

How do I calculate this ? Does the earnings claimed have to be after TAX or before TAX.

Kindly advice.

Thanks in advance.
1. Calculate you total earning for last 12 months and check the earning band according in the table relevant to your date of application.
2. You bank will tell you the points you earn.

It is Gross Earning i.e. Before Tax.

sreblog

Re: Applying for a Tier 1 extension - How to calculate earni

Post by sreblog » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:33 am

I guess the earnigs is before tax, best way is to look at your salary slips for gross pay. Gross pay/month = Take home /per month + NI + Tax. (please note that employers NI should not included as earnigs)

Regards,
Sreblog