ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice need - dependant visa (tier 2)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sc
Newly Registered

Advice need - dependant visa (tier 2)

Post by sc » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:08 pm

Hello,

I need some advice for dependant application. I am on WP (tier 2) and currently working in London.

I am getting married in couple of month and my to be is holiding a NZ passport and based in NZ. Though she has got OCI - Overseas Citizenship of India card. (visa free travel to india)
http://www.immihelp.com/nri/pio-vs-oci.html

We are getting married in India and I was wondering if she can submit her tier 2 dependant application to VFS office in Mumbai, or does she has to go back to NZ and get it stamped over there?

Please let me know. Many Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:36 pm

If the OCI card permits residence in India then she can apply from India. If, however, it merely permits visa free entry for visits and there are no residence rights associated with that, then she must apply from NZ. What what Wiki says about the OCI I suggest that she can apply from there. Wait for further comment.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:06 pm

Either.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sc
Newly Registered

Post by sc » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:22 am

Thanks ppl. Validity of OCI card is always lifelong and the card holder is permitted to live and work without any restriction of days/month/years.

More replies apprecciated.

Thank you Lucapooka and sushdmehta.