ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa refused under Paragraph 245ZX(d) Maintenance funds

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Visa refused under Paragraph 245ZX(d) Maintenance funds

Post by tuliprose » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:55 pm

Hello

It is always sad to get visa refused for any reason. Its my turn today.

I applied for Tier 4 visa on 29th June 2011. My course suppose to finish in July 2011. So in actual i was only short of couple of months visa.

I thought i needed only one month's funds in my account. Thats £1866 with two dependants.

Unfortunately my last exam was on 1st Aug 2011. So logically its two months course remaining.

Therefore i am refused my extension today under paragraph 245ZX(d). As i needed two months funds which are £3732 for 28 days.

In between i have completed my MBA from University and my Graduation is due on 6th of October 2011.

I have got right of appeal. So please advise if you think there is any way out.

Thanking you.

aiden.matt
Newly Registered

Post by aiden.matt » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:59 am

i think it will be better if you apply again with the required funds, cos according to the UKBA rules, those with established presence in the UK need to show a min of two months funds (which is a concession alredi), appeal is long and i dont think it will be fruitful in your case because it is very clear that u havent shown the min req funds, so i guess it wud be better if you make a fresh application, it will save u a lot of time and unnecesarry trouble.
all da best!!

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:35 am

aiden.matt wrote:i think it will be better if you apply again with the required funds, cos according to the UKBA rules, those with established presence in the UK need to show a min of two months funds (which is a concession alredi), appeal is long and i dont think it will be fruitful in your case because it is very clear that u havent shown the min req funds, so i guess it wud be better if you make a fresh application, it will save u a lot of time and unnecesarry trouble.
all da best!!

I do not have leave to remain at this point. So new application would be out of time application. I have started again to maintain funds which needs to be there 28 days.

Is it good idea, if i appeal and after 28 days i withdraw my appeal and send new application. This way atleast i would be legal all the way. What you think?

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

Post by Abdulw87 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:22 am

i think you get 28 days after you recieve the refusal letter to either leave the countryor make a new application or make an appeal,

i would suggest keep maintaining the funds and then apply again after 20 days.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Abdulw87 wrote:i think you get 28 days after you recieve the refusal letter to either leave the countryor make a new application or make an appeal,

Appeal time is 10 business working days.

shakeela
Newly Registered

Post by shakeela » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi what did you do?

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:50 pm

Abdulw87 wrote:i think you get 28 days after you recieve the refusal letter to either leave the countryor make a new application or make an appeal,

If he don't have leave to remain then how come he make a new application?. So, only option may have either appeal against decision or leave the country. As you said "In between i have completed my MBA from University and my Graduation is due on 6th of October 2011", best option is that maintain the funds in ur home country and apply for PSW back home. u need 3 consecutive months to show funds for PSW. So, dont waste time and start maintaining funds before april 2012 because after that PSW will become history.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:02 pm

ti_abbasi2002 wrote:

If he don't have leave to remain then how come he make a new application?. So, only option may have either appeal against decision or leave the country. As you said "In between i have completed my MBA from University and my Graduation is due on 6th of October 2011", best option is that maintain the funds in ur home country and apply for PSW back home. u need 3 consecutive months to show funds for PSW. So, dont waste time and start maintaining funds before april 2012 because after that PSW will become history.
I had already used IGS in 2008 and switched back to student visa. So I am not eligible for PSW again.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:12 pm

ti_abbasi2002 wrote:

I had already used IGS in 2008 and switched back to student visa. So I am not eligible for PSW again.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:21 am

If your course has now finished on what basis are you hoping to make a new application?

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:23 am

Greenie wrote:If your course has now finished on what basis are you hoping to make a new application?

To do PhD.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:26 am

Do you have a Cas for the PhD and do you possess the required funds for a tier 4 application for this?

ti_abbasi2002
United Kingdom

Post by ti_abbasi2002 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:06 pm

tuliprose wrote: I had already used IGS in 2008 and switched back to student visa. So I am not eligible for PSW again.
HO had given u one year leave to remain on IGS scheme. If you did not avail one more year on PSW then u may be elligible to extend one more year.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:17 pm

Greenie wrote:Do you have a Cas for the PhD and do you possess the required funds for a tier 4 application for this?
I have got the required funds but my admission for Phd is in process.
I have got acknowledgement letter from London Metropolitan Uni.

My appeal is in process and waiting for first hearing date.

Is there any chance, if my admission and funds are ready?

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:20 pm

ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
tuliprose wrote: I had already used IGS in 2008 and switched back to student visa. So I am not eligible for PSW again.
HO had given u one year leave to remain on IGS scheme. If you did not avail one more year on PSW then u may be elligible to extend one more year.
I could get one more year if i had applied before switching to Student visa.

Do you know anybody who has got one more year after switching to student visa??

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:28 pm

ti_abbasi2002 wrote:
The OP will not be eligible for this unless s/he still has or was last granted IGS leave - see paragraph 245FD(f), which s/he clearly doesn't from the information given.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:31 pm

tuliprose wrote:
Greenie wrote:Do you have a Cas for the PhD and do you possess the required funds for a tier 4 application for this?

until you have a CAS for the PhD, you won't be able to make an application for that course, and you can't apply again for your previous course as it has already finished. have you appealed the refusal and if so when is the appeal listed? when does the Phd start?

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:22 am

Greenie wrote:
tuliprose wrote:

until you have a CAS for the PhD, you won't be able to make an application for that course, and you can't apply again for your previous course as it has already finished. have you appealed the refusal and if so when is the appeal listed? when does the Phd start?
Appeal hearing is on 27th Oct and PhD course starting in the same week.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:48 am

Is your PhD with the same sponsor?
Before you made your tier 4 application did you have old style student leave or tier 4 leave? If tier 4 when did you apply for that leave-was it before or after 5 October 2009?

Are you maintaining 2 months maintenance now or 9 months?

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:24 am

Greenie wrote:Is your PhD with the same sponsor?
Before you made your tier 4 application did you have old style student leave or tier 4 leave? If tier 4 when did you apply for that leave-was it before or after 5 October 2009?

Are you maintaining 2 months maintenance now or 9 months?

For PhD my sponsor is different.
I had student visa not the Tier 4. I applied this student visa in March 2009 before Tier 4 started.

And I am maintaining two months funds now. As I completed 2 years Masters in Aug 2011.

Is there any hope?