ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1(G) Extn : Passport Expiry and Maintenance Funds Q's

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anonymous26
Newly Registered

Tier1(G) Extn : Passport Expiry and Maintenance Funds Q's

Post by Anonymous26 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:55 am

Hi Friends,

I have the below queries and so, need some clarifications.

1. Passport Expiry :
============
I am planning to apply for Tier-1(General) extn next week by courier.
Say for ex: if I apply on next monday 26/Sep, I will be granted the extn from dd/Sep/2011 - dd/Sep/2013.

However, just realised that my passport expiry date dd/May/2013 falls in between the new extn dates. Could this cause any issue?

2. Maintenance Funds :
===============
I understand that we need to have a balance of £800 held for the last 90 consecutive days. And, the most recent statement must be dated NO MORE THAN 1 Calendar Month from the date of application.

So, can I submit my bank statements from 22/Jun/2011 - 22/Sep/2011 ?
Bcoz, on 20/Jun, the balance has gone below the specified limit :(

Could anyone please clarify and your help greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:08 am

1. No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Anonymous26
Newly Registered

Post by Anonymous26 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:23 am

Thanks for your reply. I also found a link related to passport expiry and its all clear now.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... t=passport

My doubt regarding the maintenance funds is that can I choose the 'duration of 90 days' of my choice as mentioned ( 22/Jun - 22/Sep) and suggest/ask the HomeOffice to verify this window only ?

or is there any strict fixed rule of '90n days' based on my date of application ?

Please clarify.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:42 pm

Anonymous26 wrote:Thanks for your reply. I also found a link related to passport expiry and its all clear now.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... t=passport

My doubt regarding the maintenance funds is that can I choose the 'duration of 90 days' of my choice as mentioned ( 22/Jun - 22/Sep) and suggest/ask the HomeOffice to verify this window only ?

or is there any strict fixed rule of '90n days' based on my date of application ?

Please clarify.
There is no rule as to when the 90 days should start or finish.

Just make sure that at the time of sending the application that you have the maintenance funds for 90 consecutive days prior to sending the application and the statement must not be older than 30 days on the day you apply.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart