ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1, VAF 10 form, Part 5

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

azmat
Newly Registered

Tier 1, VAF 10 form, Part 5

Post by azmat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:28 am

HI,

I have Tier 1 visa and, and my wife is applying for dependant of Tier 1 (General) migrant" visa. VAF10 is the relevant form, but I am confused as part 5 of this form provides information about tier2,,and 4 but no information for Teir1.

Can someone please help me in this case.

Regards

Azmat
Last edited by azmat on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:02 am

Your spouse is not applying for a "spouse visa" but a "dependant of Tier 1 (General) migrant" visa.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

azmat
Newly Registered

Post by azmat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:06 am

sushdmehta wrote:Your spouse is not applying for a "spouse visa" but a "dependant of Tier 1 (General) migrant" visa.
Thanks for correction, could you please help me with VAF10, Part 5 issue.

pragneshmpatel

Post by pragneshmpatel » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:35 am

check out this post http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=85189
Dependent -
Page 36, 37 Which one to be filled up if the fund is in Main applicants name, Part 1 of 36 (Consent for verification by bank), whose name to be Dependent applicant's name or main applicant OR Main applicant need to sign with main applicants name on page 37. The fund is only in the name of main applicant.

>>> Page 36 Part 1 (Top half of the page) - Dependant's name, address and signature

>>> Page 36 Part 2 (Bottom half of the page) - If and only if dependant's account is a joint account with Mr.XYZ then please fill in Mr. XYZ 's name address and signature.

>>>PAGE 37 - If the Dependants do not hold any bank account (or the account u r showingis NOT in the name of dependant ) then you should fill page 37 with the details of person whose account you are showing (Ideally this would be main applicant's account details ).

azmat
Newly Registered

Post by azmat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:40 am

pragneshmpatel wrote:check out this post http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=85189
Dependent -
Page 36, 37 Which one to be filled up if the fund is in Main applicants name, Part 1 of 36 (Consent for verification by bank), whose name to be Dependent applicant's name or main applicant OR Main applicant need to sign with main applicants name on page 37. The fund is only in the name of main applicant.

>>> Page 36 Part 1 (Top half of the page) - Dependant's name, address and signature

>>> Page 36 Part 2 (Bottom half of the page) - If and only if dependant's account is a joint account with Mr.XYZ then please fill in Mr. XYZ 's name address and signature.

>>>PAGE 37 - If the Dependants do not hold any bank account (or the account u r showingis NOT in the name of dependant ) then you should fill page 37 with the details of person whose account you are showing (Ideally this would be main applicant's account details ).
Thanks a lot Pragneshmpatel!!!

azmat
Newly Registered

Post by azmat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:56 am

azmat wrote:
pragneshmpatel wrote:check out this post http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=85189
Dependent -

Thanks a lot Pragneshmpatel!!!
Page 36 and 37 of what?

pragneshmpatel

Post by pragneshmpatel » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:05 pm

sorry , are you applying in uk or oustide uk?
The link i shared is related to section 5 if you applying within UK

azmat
Newly Registered

Post by azmat » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:32 pm

I am in Uk, but my Mrs. is in Pakistan, and she is applying from there!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:56 pm

azmat wrote:but no information for Teir1.
Because none is required.

Read the VAF10 guidance notes which (under 5.2) states:
You should consult the Dependant Policy Guidance on the UK Border Agency website for details of the level of funds required for the dependants of Points Based System applicants. This will vary according to the tier or sub-tier under which the main applicant was issued entry clearance.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!