ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa when T1G holder having court fine

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

user_name

Dependent visa when T1G holder having court fine

Post by user_name » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Dear All,

Tier1 General holder having a court fine and driving disqualification (one time incident --> 6 points in first 2 years of holding driving license causes disqualification).

Now the dependent of the Tier1 G holder is planning to apply the dependent visa from India. This is the first time application. (Tier1 G holder is not applying for the extension at the same time).

Is there any problem for getting the dependent visa?

It would be really helpful if you can advice.

Many Thanks.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:19 am

No problem at all.
lets get together for migrants' rights

user_name

Post by user_name » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:47 am

shahmir wrote:No problem at all.
Thank you shahmir for your response!

I had a quick look at the application form http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... /vaf10.pdf

It needs to be filled by the dependent. The questions related to the criminal convictions and traffic offences are for the dependent, not for the T1 G holder (Please correct me if I am wrong). In my case, dependent doesn't have any such offences.

So is it necessary to mention about the offences by the T1 holder while dependent is applying for her dependent visa?

Or should that be mentioned somewhere in the application form or in the Cover Letter by the T1 holder?

Or must the T1 G holder or the dependent submit a "Change of circumstances" form along with the application?

It would be great if you can advice.

Many Thanks.

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:29 pm

You're not wrong. If you are referring to the Part 6, this is all about dependent and not the main applicant.

I do not think the dependent should need to mention main migrant's convictions on this nor you should include any change of circumstances form. Please wait until a moderator put some light on it.
lets get together for migrants' rights

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:04 pm

Q - Who is "you" (being referred to in the application form)?
A - The applicant (e.g. - in context of VAF10, dependant of a PBS migrant).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

user_name

Post by user_name » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:38 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Q - Who is "you" (being referred to in the application form)?
A - The applicant (e.g. - in context of VAF10, dependant of a PBS migrant).
Thank you very much sushdmehta!

I was thinking it is better to mention about the offence in the Cover/Sponsor Letter by the T1 holder.
This is just to eliminate the argument of not disclosing information although the actual applicant is the dependent (the dependent is disclosing everything), not the T1 holder.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks again.