ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saima999

SET(M)

Post by saima999 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:30 pm

My spouse visa expiring dec2011 and I need to apply for indefinite leave but I have spent more then 90 days abroad on visa since it was issued in 2009 in Uk , but I have spent most of these 90 days away with my husband on his business and family trip. Will this effect my indefinite leave application?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

saima999

Post by saima999 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Thanks sush, but why not ? I have heard I wasn't suppose to spend more then 90 days, has the rule changed recently?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:05 pm

Click on the link given above.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

saima999

Post by saima999 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:44 pm

Does this mean I have to prove to home office that I was away with my husband mainly for his work? What documents will I need to show? Should I obtain letter from my husband company explaining the dates when he was sent away for work purpose.?

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:08 pm

saima999 wrote:Does this mean I have to prove to home office that I was away with my husband mainly for his work? What documents will I need to show? Should I obtain letter from my husband company explaining the dates when he was sent away for work purpose.?
For SET(M) there is no residential qualification, which means there are no set requirements about how long you stayed in UK in the last 2 years. But you should show proof that you and your spouse were together for the last 2 years (mentioned in the cohabitation section of the form). If you have stayed outside with your husband then you should show some proof that you were together during that time. A letter from his employer and any correspondence that you had to address would be enough. If you dont have any, then an explanation letter might be needed.

"Time spent outside the UK -The Immigration Rules do not say that you must have been in the UK for the entire 2 years of your visa or permission to remain. Your application to settle here will be judged on its merits, taking into account your reasons for travel, the length of your absences, and whether you and your partner travelled and lived together while you were outside the UK. If you have spent a limited time abroad in connection with your job, for example, this should not count against you"

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:32 pm

You're probably confusing the 90 day rule with the requirement for British Citizenship.