ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse to ILR Time spent away from UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vimalkm
Newly Registered

Spouse to ILR Time spent away from UK

Post by vimalkm » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:07 am

Hi Guys,

I am an Indian citizen married to a british citizen. Currently in my spouse visa and will be applying for my ILR in Jan 2012.

In the 2 years we went to india(me and my wife together) for 14 days in Jan 2011 and we are planning to go again in Dec 2011 for another 14 days. So a total of 28 days I was away from the country. But with my wife(can prove with her visa and stampings).

Is this ok? how long am i allowed to be outside the country for? i will cancel the trip in december if it poses as a threat. Any advice is hugely appreciated.

Thank You,
Vimal

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:19 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

osteophytes

Re: Spouse to ILR Time spent away from UK

Post by osteophytes » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:58 pm

vimalkm wrote:Hi Guys,

I am an Indian citizen married to a british citizen. Currently in my spouse visa and will be applying for my ILR in Jan 2012.

In the 2 years we went to india(me and my wife together) for 14 days in Jan 2011 and we are planning to go again in Dec 2011 for another 14 days. So a total of 28 days I was away from the country. But with my wife(can prove with her visa and stampings).

Is this ok? how long am i allowed to be outside the country for? i will cancel the trip in december if it poses as a threat. Any advice is hugely appreciated.

Thank You,
Vimal
yOu will be fine