ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two different Visa stamps!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

isujackson
Newly Registered

Two different Visa stamps!

Post by isujackson » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:09 pm

I originally came through the UK about a month ago. I was given a 6 month visitors visa. Which would expire in Feb.

I then left and traveled through Holland and the Netherlands for a bit. I have several tickets booked for October but they stamped my passport with a new visa stamp that says i need to leave on October 28th. The first visa stamp is still in my passport and I don't even think he saw or looked at it.

Does that mean I can't come back to the UK?
Does the second one cancel the first visa?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:15 pm

The second stamp cancels the first but they have curtailed the normal six month entry to October to fall in line with your travel plans if you said you would be leaving in October (they are entitled to do this). You can apply for an extension to complete six months if you wish but will have to pay a fee and it may be refused.

A general visitor granted less than six months leave when they entered the UK can be granted an extension of stay to bring their total stay up to six months. You must make further enquiries to find out why less than six months was originally given before granting an extension.

isujackson
Newly Registered

Post by isujackson » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:49 pm

Ok fair, but if I come back in a month or so will that be a problem? I had planned on traveling for the 6 months, just not all in the UK. My missus lives here and its nice to come see her for a bit then head off again.

Then I'd leave in Feb.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:59 pm

You can come and go as often as your wish but visitors are not permitted to spend more than 6 out of 12 months in the UK. They may continue to curtail your leave granted on arrival if they suspect you are trying to go beyond those limits.