ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 settlement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramu123

Tier 1 settlement

Post by ramu123 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi,

I will be eligible for settlement in October (WPs + Tier 1) having completed 5 years.

My wife is on her own Tier 1 visa (i.e. not my dependent) and we have a daughter who is my dependent.

We have been living together in UK for almost 4 years since our marriage and have bank statements (and Indian marriage certificate) as proof of living together.

I would like to know if I can include my wife along with my application when I become eligible so both of us get ILR.

Also, please can you confirm the application forms that I should use for me, my daughter (my dependent) and my wife?

Thanks.

p.s. My wife herself will be eligible for ILR Feb 2012, if thats of relevance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:08 pm

You wife can't apply with you; she needs to wait until she is eligible herself. Or she can switch into leave to remain on FLR(M) after you are granted. If your daughter was born in the UK she can skip the ILR part and apply to be registered as British after you are granted.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 spouse settlement

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:10 pm

ramu123 wrote:We have been living together in UK for almost 4 years since our marriage and have bank statements (and Indian marriage certificate) as proof of living together.

I would like to know if I can include my wife along with my application when I become eligible so both of us get ILR.
Only if she applies for EC as your dependant (this can be done only from outside UK) and returns to UK (as your dependant) before you apply for settlement.

Best that she applies in her own right, as and when she becomes eligible (Feb 2012?) - 4 months delay, but economical option!

See Tier 1 (General) -> Settlement
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:11 pm

As far as I'm aware, if your wife is on her own visa, she can only apply for ILR by herself, and NOT as your dependant. You can capply on set (O) with your dependant child, but your wife will have to wa til next year to apply for herself.
Thanks
sean

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:59 am

ramu123 wrote:Hi,

I am eligible to apply for ILR under 5 years residence.
But I have had WPs from different employers before getting Tier1. So my stay consists of WP + WP + Tier1.
I am not sure whether I can apply in person at PEO. Can you please advise?
Or will this be treated as a complicated case and hence only postal option?

Thanks.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:00 am

ramu123 wrote:Hi,

I am eligible to apply for ILR under 5 years residence.
But I have had WPs from different employers before getting Tier1. So my stay consists of WP + WP + Tier1.
I am not sure whether I can apply in person at PEO. Can you please advise?
Or will this be treated as a complicated case and hence only postal option?

Thanks.

Regards
Should be okay ... if you have all the necessary documentary evidence(s) required.
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.