ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1helprequired
Newly Registered

Tier1 Refusal

Post by tier1helprequired » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi,
I will be pleased if anyone can point me in the right direction.
My tier1 extension has just been refused with no room for appeal.
I would have loved to re-apply but my maintenance fund has fallen below expected limit since my last application. Please which way forward?
I am already eligible for ILR based on previous times on work permit + Tier1 (the tier1 extension was suppose to bridge a 2months gap before applying for ILR)
Can anyone suggest the best way to move this forward? I have every requirement except the maintenance fund.

Thanks

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:49 pm

You don't really give much information. The reason for the refusal may make a substantial difference in the advice you are given.

yomdee
Newly Registered

Post by yomdee » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:30 pm

@Tier1help, In absence of adequate information in your post, I can only advise that the option of appeal is sometimes considered despite what the refusal letter may say.

tier1helprequired
Newly Registered

Post by tier1helprequired » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:33 pm

Yes you are right.
My original application was returned due to payment disparity (Wrong box ticked on payment form). I called HO and got green light to complete a new payment page and return, this was 6 weeks after I originally submitted.
Two weeks afterwards, I was asked to come for Biometrics. After about another two weeks I got the refusal (please note that my leave to remain ran out after 1 week of original submission). Reasons for refusal are
1. Stale maintenance fund account statement (It was already over 1 month old before the case worker looked at it because it was originally returned)
2. State Company account - Same reason above because
3. Accountant not registered with nominated accounting body – My fault for not verifying.
I have remedied 2 and 3 but have no solution for 1 due to 90 days required.