ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is there any exemptions for self employed solicitors

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wineet
Newly Registered

is there any exemptions for self employed solicitors

Post by wineet » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:34 pm

hello ,
I am a solicitor (not Immigration)regd with England and Wales(SRA).
I am self employed as a solicitor with HM deptt and practising Solicitor with bar of England & Wales.
I am an Indian national ,came to UK on student visa , did masters in law(international contract laws), currently on PSW visa.previously had 5 yrs experience of practising in India.
Now my question is there discretionary power with home office to grant self employed solicitors ,visa under business/entrepreneur category
If not , can anybody pls advise me in the wake of latest changes , which category is best suited to me.
Thanx a ton

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:20 am

Please have a look at UKBA website and see if you fit in anywhere. You are a solicitor yourself and should be able to understand the information on UKBA website.
Why should anyone from the forum take pains to dig out information for a person who I am sure is well educated to make sense of the information easily available at the click of a mouse?

wineet
Newly Registered

Post by wineet » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:22 pm

hi there,
thanx for ur reply, as m not from immigration field, so my knowledge in this field is as good as a lay man. when i said, discretionary powers of home office, it means its not set piece of rules or regulations laid down regarding this.as far as i know, there was provision, which exempted self employed solicitors from making investment here in uk, but in the recent past visa rules has undergone a sea change, thats why i posted here.
anyways thanx for ur time for reading it

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:55 pm

There is no "separate immigration category" for self-employed lawyers any more.

If your query is whether your profession as a self-employed solicitor offers a concession in qualifying for an available immigration category - then the answer is no.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!