ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of application and bank statement advice please :)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Angel592
Member of Standing

Date of application and bank statement advice please :)

Post by Angel592 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:07 pm

So, I made my visa application on the 1st of September, and my bank statement shows the money in my bank account from the 4th of August to the 31st of August (28 days) I was supposed to submit my application on the 12th of September, however something came up and I probably will not be able to submit it until the 22nd of September or sometime around that date. Do I need to get a new bank statement, or it doesn't matter? I'm confused, I would appreciate your advice :)

Also, I'm confused about the meaning of this sentence:

The balance in your account must never fall below the required amount during the whole 28 day period. If it is below the required amount, your application will be refused. The last transaction date (on your bank statement) of that 28 day period must not be more than one month before the date of your application.

I have a few transactions in my bank statement during that 28 day period, but it's not a lot, so it didn't effect the amount of money i needed. does that sentence have anything to do with the transactiosn i made during that 28 day period??[/b]

afriley

Post by afriley » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:00 pm

Since your statement "ends" on the 31st of August, 22nd of September should be fine - it's less than a month...

The balance on the account should not fall below the amount you need to show. As long as the needed amount was there in the account for 28 days, then that's okay. It seems that your transactions didn't make the balance less than what you need to show, so you should be fine.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Date of application and bank statement advice please :)

Post by Greenie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Angel592 wrote:So, I made my visa application on the 1st of September, and my bank statement shows the money in my bank account from the 4th of August to the 31st of August (28 days) I was supposed to submit my application on the 12th of September, however something came up and I probably will not be able to submit it until the 22nd of September or sometime around that date. Do I need to get a new bank statement, or it doesn't matter? I'm confused, I would appreciate your advice :)

The balance in your account must never fall below the required amount during the whole 28 day period. If it is below the required amount, your application will be refused. The last transaction date (on your bank statement) of that 28 day period must not be more than one month before the date of your application.

I have a few transactions in my bank statement during that 28 day period, but it's not a lot, so it didn't effect the amount of money i needed. does that sentence have anything to do with the transactiosn i made during that 28 day period??[/b]
In your other post you said that you don't have a CAS yet because you did not get a high enough IELTS score. However here you say you submitted your visa application on 1st September but then later say that you are going to submit it on 22 Sep. Which is correct?

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Greenie wrote:
Angel592 wrote:So, I made my visa application on the 1st of September, and my bank statement shows the money in my bank account from the 4th of August to the 31st of August (28 days) I was supposed to submit my application on the 12th of September, however something came up and I probably will not be able to submit it until the 22nd of September or sometime around that date. Do I need to get a new bank statement, or it doesn't matter? I'm confused, I would appreciate your advice :)

In your other post you said that you don't have a CAS yet because you did not get a high enough IELTS score. However here you say you submitted your visa application on 1st September but then later say that you are going to submit it on 22 Sep. Which is correct?
I made my application on the 1st of September. My appointment is supposed to be on the 12th September to actually SUBMIT it, but now since I haven't got my CAS, I had to change my appointment to submit my application to the 22nd. I should be resitting my IELTS reading on the 12th September hopefully and get my CAS this week in time for my new date, the 22nd to submit my application :) Sorry for the confusion!

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:16 pm

afriley wrote:Since your statement "ends" on the 31st of August, 22nd of September should be fine - it's less than a month...

The balance on the account should not fall below the amount you need to show. As long as the needed amount was there in the account for 28 days, then that's okay. It seems that your transactions didn't make the balance less than what you need to show, so you should be fine.
My last transaction is on the 29th of August on my bank statement. Does that give me till the 29th of August then to submit it? Hopefully I will submit it by the 22nd though! :) And thanks for replying!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Angel592 wrote:
Greenie wrote:

I made my application on the 1st of September. My appointment is supposed to be on the 12th September to actually SUBMIT it, but now since I haven't got my CAS, I had to change my appointment to submit my application to the 22nd. I should be resitting my IELTS reading on the 12th September hopefully and get my CAS this week in time for my new date, the 22nd to submit my application :) Sorry for the confusion!
I believe (although stand to be corrected) that the date of the application if you are applying from outside the UK is the date you submitted the form online and paid the fee - if you paid the fee when you submitted the form on 1st Sep then this is the date of your application - not when you submit the documents on 22 Sep. If you didn't have a CAS on 1st Sep then you did not meet the rules on that date.
Last edited by Greenie on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Angel592 wrote:Also, I'm confused about the meaning of this sentence:

]
Where have you got this sentence from? It's not the last transaction date that matters but the date of the closing balance on the statement..

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:19 pm

Greenie wrote:
Angel592 wrote:Also, I'm confused about the meaning of this sentence:

]
Where have you got this sentence from? It's not the last transaction date that matters but the date of the closing balance on the statement..
I got it from here :S
http://www.liv.ac.uk/studentsupport/ist/maintenance.htm

So if you say closing date, my closing date is the 31st August, so does that give me till the 30th of September or something to submit my application? And can you please send me where it says about the closing date, for some reason I cannot find it on the UKBA page it won't come up for me. Cheers Greenie.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:07 pm

Things didn't turn out as expected :(

I should've gotten my CAS by now, but the university still didn't send it to me and I'm not sure when they will. I'm worried that my bank statement will become out of date. Will I have to get a new bank statement now showing the amount for 28 days again? My application is dated 1st September, still haven't submitted it, waiting for CAS.. :(

Would appreciate any advice!

qhashim
Newly Registered

Re: Advice for International Students.

Post by qhashim » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:05 pm

As far as your CAS Letter is concerned. The CAS Letter is valid for 6 months.
Only you have to let the college to change the Start date and later start date of the course.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:36 pm

qhashim wrote:As far as your CAS Letter is concerned. The CAS Letter is valid for 6 months.
Only you have to let the college to change the Start date and later start date of the course.
No sorry, I don't mean my CAS, im talking about my bank statement..
should've gotten my CAS by now, but the university still didn't send it to me and I'm not sure when they will. I'm worried that my bank statement will become out of date. Will I have to get a new bank statement now showing the amount for 28 days again? My application is dated 1st September, still haven't submitted it, waiting for CAS

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:55 pm

Angel592 wrote:
qhashim wrote:As far as your CAS Letter is concerned. The CAS Letter is valid for 6 months.
No sorry, I don't mean my CAS, im talking about my bank statement..
should've gotten my CAS by now, but the university still didn't send it to me and I'm not sure when they will. I'm worried that my bank statement will become out of date. Will I have to get a new bank statement now showing the amount for 28 days again? My application is dated 1st September, still haven't submitted it, waiting for CAS
Hope someone can help!

aiden.matt
Newly Registered

Post by aiden.matt » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:47 pm

ok lemme see...i undastand that

online application made on: 1st sep
appointment: 22nd sep (today?)
closing date of bank statement: 31st august

the following is going to be true if you are making an application outside uk:

the date of your application WILL be the date when u submit all your docs, pay the fee and give ur biometrics, so if u have submitted ur application(with all your docs, pay the fee and give ur biometrics) then today the 22nd sep will be the date of your appplication and hence your bank statement will still be valid since the date of your bank statement is 31st august and so the 1 month wud not have elapsed. basically u can use that bank statement till the 30th of september, if you have not yet submitted ur visa appli and plan to submit it later than 30th sep, you will have to get a new bank statement.

But in any case, if you have not yet submitted ur visa appli, it will be better if you can get a new bank statement.
All da best!!!

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:40 pm

aiden.matt wrote:ok lemme see...i undastand that

online application made on: 1st sep
appointment: 22nd sep (today?)
closing date of bank statement: 31st august

the following is going to be true if you are making an application outside uk:

the date of your application WILL be the date when u submit all your docs, pay the fee and give ur biometrics, so if u have submitted ur application(with all your docs, pay the fee and give ur biometrics) then today the 22nd sep will be the date of your appplication and hence your bank statement will still be valid since the date of your bank statement is 31st august and so the 1 month wud not have elapsed. basically u can use that bank statement till the 30th of september, if you have not yet submitted ur visa appli and plan to submit it later than 30th sep, you will have to get a new bank statement.

But in any case, if you have not yet submitted ur visa appli, it will be better if you can get a new bank statement.
All da best!!!
That's great, thank you! :D :D