ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Req for Info

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jack231980
Newly Registered

Req for Info

Post by jack231980 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:03 am

Hello Every one

Please advise me if i can apply for naturalisation or not.

I have normal speeding offence FPN 3 points 2006
I have speeding offence again 3 points, but issued by court, as i didnt paid the FPN, pleaded guilty received the fine and points by post.(Didnt attend the court though)2009
And last a Police caution!!!2009

So friends please advise if i can apply for Naturalisation or not and what r my chances???
If i should, which one of the above 3 offences should i declare on application???

Please advise.

Thank you

Jack

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:17 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jack231980
Newly Registered

Req

Post by jack231980 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:23 am

I have seen the Good Charact Requirement.
But can some please answer me straight with their experience.

Please

Thank you

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:16 pm

This may be of interest to you:

After keeping a clean license of circa 18 years, all the way through my student years, I got clocked doing 80 mph in a 70 mph zone on the return journey from NCS Hamilton where I had just submitted my BC application. Got 3 pts and 60 pound fine, which I paid as soon as the letter came through.

In between there were plenty of parking fines, one (FCN or PCN I can't remember) for breach of the Environmental Protection Act, though outside of the 1 yr before I made the application.

The fine wasn't listed on my form obviously as it happened after the submission, but doesn't look like the HO had a problem with it.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: Req for Info

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:18 pm

jack231980 wrote:Hello Every one

Please advise me if i can apply for naturalisation or not.

I have normal speeding offence FPN 3 points 2006

This doesn't count and no need to disclose.

I have speeding offence again 3 points, but issued by court, as i didnt paid the FPN, pleaded guilty received the fine and points by post.(Didnt attend the court though)2009

This is a conviction and must be declared. Phaysically going or not going to court is immaterial. This now attracts a five year rehabilitation period, that begin from the date of conviction. How many points you got and when points come off or never come off your license is immaterial to when the conviction becomes spent. This conviction must be declared. There is a chance that if you explain your cicumstances and ask for discretion, then it may be exercised. But no one can guarantee that this will certainly happen.

And last a Police caution!!!2009

This got spent as soon as it was issued, so no need to declare.
(Must be declared only if the caution was for an offence of a sexual nature, and your name was entered in sexual offenders register)

So friends please advise if i can apply for Naturalisation or not and what r my chances???

Nothing stops you from applying for naturalisation, but what the outcome will be is totally another story. I would say, the chances are good if you write a good covering letter mitigation your conviction. But again, let me stress, this is my personal thoughts and not a professional legal advice. if you are unsure, then take legal advice. Having said that, even a legal advisor cannot guarantee the outcome.

If i should, which one of the above 3 offences should i declare on
application???

As explained above, you just need to declare your speeding conviction and nothing else.

Hope this helps.

Jack

jack231980
Newly Registered

Any more Views

Post by jack231980 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:40 pm

Any other views, pls guys chip in ur Sugestions...
Please can any one give a sample covering letter for similar situation .., atleasr basic idea what to write.

Thank you

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: Any more Views

Post by mrlookforward » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:56 pm

jack231980 wrote:Any other views, pls guys chip in ur Sugestions...
Please can any one give a sample covering letter for similar situation .., atleasr basic idea what to write.

Thank you
I cannot legally charge you for immigration advice, but if you want me to write a sample covering letter, I will charge you £3000 for my clerical services. :wink:

jack231980
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by jack231980 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:04 pm

Will send you the cheque!!!!!!