ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit and EEA2

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dnt
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit and EEA2

Post by dnt » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:34 am

Hello everyone,
I (non-eu citizen-Turkey) and my husband (eu-citizen-Dutch) are about to move to England from Ireland. After reading the UK board, we have several questions.

1) How long does it usually take to get the Family Permit visa? Anyone here who applied at Dublin embassy?

2) Thanks to Irish immigration (the reason also why we are leaving here), I have no paper saying I am staying here legally. We were tossed around since our arrival in June, namely in between Garda and Dept. of Justice, and after wasting our two and a half months, Garda sent us to the Dept. of Just. saying we should first get through with the EU1 form and only after that I can register with Garda to get that stamp 4 and greencard. My D-Spouse visa is ending this week. I have to wait at least 5 more months to get that residence card and the Garda greencard. So I have nothing to show to the embassy that I am staying here legally. (I can't leave the country and come back either). We want to move to England together so we want to apply for the Family Permit here. I live here, not in Turkey. I haven't even lived in Turkey for the past 6 years so my country of residence is currently Ireland but how do I prove that? Any suggestions on this dilemma?

3) After finally arriving in England, what should my next step be? Should I apply for the EEA2 right away or do I register with the police etc?

4) From what I read here so far, it seems like the EEA2 applications take a long time to process, maybe the whole 6 months. Since the Family Permit is for 6 months, what do I do if they don't get back to us about the EEA2 before the Family Permit expires? Can I renew it in the UK or do I have to go back to Turkey?

Thank you all so much for reading and helping us out. Good luck to all of you!

D & T

dnt
Newly Registered

Post by dnt » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:26 pm

can the moderators at least answer one of the non-complicated questions such as what a non-eu citizen should do once they enter UK with a eea family permit? what is the next step? thanks!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:58 pm

Posting reminders after just four hours is liable to get your posts ignored!
My D-Spouse visa is ending this week.
If you can you need to apply for your EEA Family "this week", no later than the expiry date of your current spouse visa. Otherwise the British Embassy in Dublin is liable to decline to deal with the application.

In most British Missions dealing with applications for EEA Family Permits is extremely quick .. hours or days rather than weeks or months. Nothing like the reputation for the Irish in dealing with such applications.

After you get your 6-month EEA Family Permit and move to the UK, near the end of that you can apply in the UK for your Residence Card. And don't worry if the Residence Card does not come through before the expiry of the EEA Family Permit, as long as you apply for the Card before the expiry of the Permit.

Your Dutch husband ... in what way does he intend to exercise his Treaty Rights in the UK? By becoming employed here?
John

dnt
Newly Registered

Post by dnt » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:24 pm

Hello John,
Thank you for your reply. Here are few more comments and questions:

1) The British Embassy in Dublin said they would need 3 weeks to process the application even though it says 2 weeks on their website.
2) The British Embassy in Istanbul said it would take them 2 weeks.

After calling their charged visa line, we found out that we need to show proof that I can re-enter the country which is not gonna happen anytime soon, meaning it will take Dept. of Just. much longer time to give me that right. Also, they are not willing to write a letter explaining my status here either.

As long it is granted, we are willing to wait a couple of weeks.

3) My husband is going to take up the employment offer he received from the UK. He is practicing his EU rights here in Ireland through employment as well.

4) If the EEA2 takes longer than the duration of my Family Permit which is gonna be for 6 months, then from what you say I understand that I will still be legal and all. However, how do I travel with an expired Family Permit before the approval of EEA2?

If you have other suggestions or input, we'd be glad to read them as well. Thanks.

D&T