ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension + Marriage + Dependent Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sandeepk

Tier 1 Extension + Marriage + Dependent Visa

Post by sandeepk » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:54 am

Hello All,

I am in a very tricky situation here and unable to figure out how to deal with this so i am asking you guys for suggestion.

I am on Tier1 G visa which expires in Feb 2012.

I was planning to get it renewed in Jan 2012.

But now i am going to India in December and getting married.

so please suggest how can i combine these 2 main events Tier1 Ext and Dependent Visa?

Shall i only renew my visa in Jan 2012 and later i apply for my wife's dependent Visa.

Or shall i submit her Dependent Visa application as well when i apply for my extension.

Maintaining funds and my Point based criteria are both fulfilled, so no problems on that front.

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:59 am

Is the person (you will be marrying) resident in UK?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sandeepk

Post by sandeepk » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:00 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Is the person (you will be marrying) resident in UK?
no, she is from india.

thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:04 pm

If your spouse applies for entry clearance before you are granted extension then her leave will expire on the same day as your current leave (Feb 2012). And you will spend (some) extra money to apply for her extension too (along with yours).

Other than that, it is you choice whether you want her to apply for entry clearance before you are granted extension or after.
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sandeepk

Post by sandeepk » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:06 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If you apply for entry clearance before you are granted extension then her leave will expire on the same day as your current leave (Feb 2012). And you will spend (some) extra money to apply for her extension too (along with yours).

Other than that, it is you choice whether you want her to apply for entry clearance before you are granted extension or after.
No, i would like to apply once once rather than twice as it doesnt make sense monetarily and hassle as well.

thanks

pragneshmpatel

Post by pragneshmpatel » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:13 pm

in your case i suggest to wait for your visa renewal and apply for dependant visa from india.
or you are going to to pay £600 fees for 2 month

vinayb
Newly Registered

Post by vinayb » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:53 pm

sandeepk wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:If you apply for entry clearance before you are granted extension then her leave will expire on the same day as your current leave (Feb 2012). And you will spend (some) extra money to apply for her extension too (along with yours).

No, i would like to apply once once rather than twice as it doesnt make sense monetarily and hassle as well.

thanks
I am in the same boat as you. Here is my case:

Tier 1 General Visa expirs in Dec 2011

Getting married in December

Wish to bring my wife over with me in December. (she is from India)

Here is what I am doing:

1. Applied for early extension. Visa approved. Extension Applied in Aug and got an approval in 2nd week of Sep.

2. Flying to India in Oct. Will do legal marriage. So they will issue us a Marriage Certificate. - Flights booked! Marriage Bureau appointment taken!

3. Apply for wifes dependant visa in Nov 1st week.

4. She will accompany me in Dec right after our traditional marriage and rituals.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Vinay

sandeepk

Post by sandeepk » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:51 am

Thanks guys,

i am now thinking to get married in Dec 2011

Come back and apply for renewal in Jan end 2012

Apply for dependent Visa from Delhi for my wife in Feb/March 2012

Please suggest if there is a better way out.