ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child pasport documents.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mfl
Newly Registered

child pasport documents.

Post by mfl » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Hello everybody. can anyone advise what documents i need to send for child passport. I have registration certificate for my son under section 1(3).
Both me and my wife are on indefinite leave.

I heve read these guidelines.

If the child was born or adopted in the UK
IPS needs to see the child's full birth or adoption certificate showing parents' details and one of the following:
section 4 of the application form completed with the British passport details for either parent*
UK birth certificate for either parent*
Home Office certificate of registration or naturalisation for either parent*
the passport that was valid at the time of the child's birth** for either parent*
Note*: if supplying the father's details, IPS needs to see the parents' marriage certificate as well.
Note**: if the passport expired before the child's birth, you need to send the passport on which the parent entered the UK.

Obviously I have child,s birth certificate and naturalization certificate but i don,t have british passport for myself or wife neither we have british birth certificate for us.

Thanks

mrlookforward
BANNED

Re: child pasport documents.

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:37 pm

mfl wrote:Hello everybody. can anyone advise what documents i need to send for child passport. I have registration certificate for my son under section 1(3).
Both me and my wife are on indefinite leave.

I heve read these guidelines.

If the child was born or adopted in the UK
IPS needs to see the child's full birth or adoption certificate showing parents' details and one of the following:
section 4 of the application form completed with the British passport details for either parent*
UK birth certificate for either parent*
Home Office certificate of registration or naturalisation for either parent*
the passport that was valid at the time of the child's birth** for either parent*
Note*: if supplying the father's details, IPS needs to see the parents' marriage certificate as well.
Note**: if the passport expired before the child's birth, you need to send the passport on which the parent entered the UK.

Obviously I have child,s birth certificate and naturalization certificate but i don,t have british passport for myself or wife neither we have british birth certificate for us.

Thanks
Reading from what you have quoted, I cannot see the word "British" with the passport.

They are asking for "the passport that was valid at the time of the childs birth for either parent".

Where does it say that the passport has to be a British passport?