ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for spouse and stepdaughter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waitinggame52
Newly Registered

ILR for spouse and stepdaughter

Post by waitinggame52 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:27 am

Hello,

Here is a summary of current situation:

Myself, a British Citizen by birth
Wife, Russian Citizen with FLR expiring oct 2012 (issued oct 2010); with sole custody of:
Stepdaughter, Russian Citizen with LLE expiring oct 2012 also (issued aug 2011)

Can anyone confirm that when time comes around to apply for ILR in sep 2012, that my stepdaughter can be added as a dependant to my wifes ILR application despite the fact that she would only have been here for one year not the two that qualifies my wife ? I think this is ok but I wanted to double check.

Plus I think my wife has to pass some tests before applying for ILR... ?? She is fluent in english and studied and was taught in english in an english university for an honours degree. Does she still have to pay for the ukba's arbitary tests, which are way below her language level, or is that enough for them ? Also are there two tests required, KOL in the UK *AND* english language, or does she have to pick one ?

Thanks as always in advance for any replies....