ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying in person

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukswus

Applying in person

Post by ukswus » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:31 am

I plan to apply in person for Tier 1 extension soon. I would be grateful to get answers to the following:

1) I understand that if the decision is positive, the ID card will be sent to me by mail. But what about the passport- will they return it to me immediately at Croydon office, or send it to me along with the ID card?

2) Will they cancel the previous Tier 1 visa in the passport?

3) How long does it take to get the card in the mail, assuming that the decision is made immediately?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:39 am

1. If your application is approved, the passport and other documents will be returned to you on the same day.
2. New leave automatically invalidates leave issued in the past.
BRP application process wrote:If you have not received your permit within ten working days of the date of your decision letter you should contact us on 0300 123 2412.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

custodian

Post by custodian » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:56 pm

I have my PEO Tier-1 extension on Monday 26-09-2011

I also need to go to France on 08-10-2011, for this I will need to apply for a Schengen visa.

Is there any document in the interium (before I get my BRP) that is a legally accepted document proving the extension of the Tier-1 visa issued by the Home Office. Secondly, will the French cousulate accept such a document? (as per their website they only accept passport stickers and BRP Cards)

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:55 pm

custodian wrote:I have my PEO Tier-1 extension on Monday 26-09-2011

I also need to go to France on 08-10-2011, for this I will need to apply for a Schengen visa.

Is there any document in the interium (before I get my BRP) that is a legally accepted document proving the extension of the Tier-1 visa issued by the Home Office. Secondly, will the French cousulate accept such a document? (as per their website they only accept passport stickers and BRP Cards)
Thank you for the reply, sushdmehta.

Custodian, this is exactly my situation. My plan is to apply with my passport containing current Tier 1 visa (since it will not be formally cancelled, as per my understanding), while I am awaiting my BRP card. I think the French embassy don't care if you were approved for a new BRP or not, as long as your current leave to remain stamped in your passport is ready. On the other hand, when one comes back to the UK, it's important to have the BRP, since the UKBA will have the updated information on the new visa).

Perhaps somebody will disagree with this logic?