ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How quickly are Residence Cards (4EUFam) now issued?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

How quickly are Residence Cards (4EUFam) now issued?

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:09 pm

I just talked with somebody in DJEI. They implied that Residence Cards (4EUFam) were now being issued so quickly that they no longer needed to make any special arrangements for family members who wanted to work before their Residence Card was ready.

Is this true? How long does it take from application to having a card? Same day? Few weeks?

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:19 pm

6 months...but sometimes they issue a lot earlier...
for PR it is almost 6 months

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:27 pm

knapps wrote:6 months...but sometimes they issue a lot earlier...
for PR it is almost 6 months
It is still 6 months? Do they issue the family member a card that allows them to work while the application is being processed?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:26 pm

if sufficient documentation is submitted, temporary stamp 4 is issued within weeks of an application.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:41 pm

agniukas wrote:if sufficient documentation is submitted, temporary stamp 4 is issued within weeks of an application.
What do you mean by sufficient documentation?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:14 pm

sufficient i mean most or at least basic documentation you have to submit with an application.
lets say if you just arrived to ireland, you may not have PRTB letters, or bills, or something else, that is needed to prove that the EU national is exercising EUTR. lets say applying on the basis of employment, but not providing any evidence of employment... in that case it's possible that temp stamp 4 will be issued when sufficient documentation is submitted.
I know someone who submitted just a letter of a job offer, and had to wait until able to submit payslips, etc to receive temp stamp 4.

rachel29

stamp 4 eu

Post by rachel29 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:48 am

Hi, some advice needed we have applied for a stamp4 eu under third party sufficent funds which is allowed under eu law , I am also a job seeker and my husband is lookin for work and has been offered a positon but was then told he was not allowed to work until he had a gnib card stating he was allowed to work. We applied a month ago now and alothough my husband is allowed to work from entry under eu law they will not let him work. My husbadn has a eu psoue residence card from other eu country valid for 5 years. My husband is still applying for jobs and getting interviews we contacted the eu treaty divison entitily and thye said my husband should go to gnib and he may be issued a temp stamp 4 until application for stamp 4 eu but the gnib say they will not issue until eu treaty give him a letter saying he is entitled to this , the eu treaty say they will not issue till we pply under eu treaty rights which we have and still no temp stamp 4. they are asking for extra documents prtb and utilites but we have already sent things showing our residence our rental contract which are utilites are paid in and bank letters, insurance , letter from support and showing the money being sent to us from the third party. solvit agree we are in the right about third party and also that they should not ask us to supply prtb as it is a dcoument that the landlord is in charge of and it states that other residentual documents will be accepted but they are not accept other documents like stated we have also contacted mep who also agrees we are in the right and wrote to the eu treaty but still no further forward so what can we do now to speed things up as my husband is loosing job offers all beacuse of a stamp giveing him rights he should already have . :? I have also wrote to as mmany eu organisations as possible but no response on the matter . How can Ireland just be allowed to get away with these breaches .

newbieholland
United Kingdom

Re: stamp 4 eu

Post by newbieholland » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:19 am

rachel29 wrote:Hi, some advice needed we have applied for a stamp4 eu under third party sufficent funds which is allowed under eu law , I am also a job seeker and my husband is lookin for work and has been offered a positon but was then told he was not allowed to work until he had a gnib card stating he was allowed to work. We applied a month ago now and alothough my husband is allowed to work from entry under eu law they will not let him work. My husbadn has a eu psoue residence card from other eu country valid for 5 years. My husband is still applying for jobs and getting interviews we contacted the eu treaty divison entitily and thye said my husband should go to gnib and he may be issued a temp stamp 4 until application for stamp 4 eu but the gnib say they will not issue until eu treaty give him a letter saying he is entitled to this , the eu treaty say they will not issue till we pply under eu treaty rights which we have and still no temp stamp 4. they are asking for extra documents prtb and utilites but we have already sent things showing our residence our rental contract which are utilites are paid in and bank letters, insurance , letter from support and showing the money being sent to us from the third party. solvit agree we are in the right about third party and also that they should not ask us to supply prtb as it is a dcoument that the landlord is in charge of and it states that other residentual documents will be accepted but they are not accept other documents like stated we have also contacted mep who also agrees we are in the right and wrote to the eu treaty but still no further forward so what can we do now to speed things up as my husband is loosing job offers all beacuse of a stamp giveing him rights he should already have . :? I have also wrote to as mmany eu organisations as possible but no response on the matter . How can Ireland just be allowed to get away with these breaches .
Hi Rachel,

Sorry to hear your story. I am on the same boat and trying to figure out a way around this. It is not fair that your spouse can not work until the GNIB stamp arrives. What does SOLVIT say on this matter? They would definately confirm your rights but did they offer any solutions or is it just the normal 10 weeks babble. Please keep us posted if you have any updates.

rachel29

Post by rachel29 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:39 pm

yeah the 10 week stuff and not much contact since , they said was to early to expect them to issue the temp stamp issue made worse now as my husband has also been offered 2 jobs to start in the coming weeks.

newbieholland
United Kingdom

Post by newbieholland » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:16 pm

rachel29 wrote:yeah the 10 week stuff and not much contact since , they said was to early to expect them to issue the temp stamp issue made worse now as my husband has also been offered 2 jobs to start in the coming weeks.
Did they stamp his passport on arrival?

rachel29

Post by rachel29 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:00 pm

yes they stamped his passport on arrival which was another issue as he presented residence card from other eu country under directive 2004/38/ec but on arrival they were say he needed visa to land and enter also asked to see our marriage certificate and being really akward and they also said he was not entitled to a 3 month visa and stamped his passport with a 1 month visa no work or business and we then went to immigration where we are now living and they changed the date but not the critieria stated on it.

newbieholland
United Kingdom

Post by newbieholland » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:27 pm

rachel29 wrote:yes they stamped his passport on arrival which was another issue as he presented residence card from other eu country under directive 2004/38/ec but on arrival they were say he needed visa to land and enter also asked to see our marriage certificate and being really akward and they also said he was not entitled to a 3 month visa and stamped his passport with a 1 month visa no work or business and we then went to immigration where we are now living and they changed the date but not the critieria stated on it.
How did you manage to change the date? I have same 30 days stamp and no right to work.:(

rachel29

Post by rachel29 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:02 pm

We just went to the local immigration office just explained that my husband was a spouse of eu citizen and he changed it no problem at all. To be honest the way he acted was as if this is normal or happens alot. I would advise going to your nearest office a.s.a.p before the 30 days runs out I know under EU law your partner would still be classed as legal but as Ireland seems to pay little attention to EU law I would not trust that they will see it that way. Is party why am so worried about getting at least the temp stamp as do not want to come across other problems after the visa has run out.

adeel_x2004
Newly Registered

Post by adeel_x2004 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:09 pm

I am an eu citizen and married to a non eu .. as we applied for his residence card on 10th august and got back a letter after a week asking for more documents.
as we provided all the documents asked on the form EU1 , except Prtb letter,
So in the first application we sent all the documents what we asked for except prtb... but when we got a letter back from INIS they asked me to provide three things ....

* Provide more satisfactory evidence of relationship (that you relationship has been in existence for at least two years) such as , joint bank accounts, joint utility bills, joint lease agreement, photos etc.

* they asked me to provide a letter from my employer saying that my job is not a temporary job and i am working there permanently , as in the first letter i got from my employer he didnt mention whether the job is permanent or temporary ...

* PRTB letter on both names.

So ;

I accept for PRTB and my about my employer letter.

But about satisfactory evidence of relationship which is in existence for atleast two years , what is this ?

as we sent joint lease agreement in the first application and marriage certificate itself , like we didnt apply under de facto we applied under spouse of EU...

(WE MET IN JAN 2010 , I GOT PREGNANT MARCH 2010 AND BABY WAS BORN DECEMBER 2010, WE GOT MARRIED MAY 2011 , that much happend in all this time but still these arnt two years , so we dont have any thing joint atleast two years old)

we dont have joint accounts , we dont have cinemas ticekts as we have been going to cinemas but who keeps cinema tickets and there are no names on cinema tickets , and we havnt traveled outside ireland together so we dont have any travel tickets .. what we have , our pictures , house lease the last one and the new one , and we have a our baby's birth cert ..

NOW WE HAVE GOT PRTB LETTERS.

QUESTION 1 -
I HAVE FOUND ANOTHER JOB ITS PERMANENT BUT THE CONTRACT IS CASUAL , I HAVE BEEN WORKING THERE FOR A MONTH 45 TO 52 HRS A WEEK. ITS JUST WRITTEN ON MY CONTRACT , CASUAL
I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS ANY PROBLEM IN INIS FOR HAVING A CASUAL JOB ?

QUESTION 2 -
AND I WILL SEND THEM MY OLD HOUSE LEASE ON ME AND MY HUSBAND'S NAME , OUR PHOTOS AND OUR SON BIRTH CERT.
WHAT YOU SUGGEST ?

It has become very complicated ,

any help would be really appreciated..

Thanks in Advance ...