ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

santu17
Newly Registered

PSW dependent visa

Post by santu17 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:12 pm

Hi There,

I would like to enquiry about my friend's (Sam) wife (Geeta) who is on PSW dependent status where their visa is expiring by end of January 2012. At the moment she (Geeta) is studying full-time. She is going to get her MBA results by February 2012. However, they are going back home by end of January 2012.

Right now: Sam is on PSW visa and Geeta is his dependent.

My question is:

1)Can Geeta apply for PSW as main applicant from back home before 25 March 2012?

2) then, can my friend (sam) apply as PSW dependent on Geeta?

Please clarify my doubts..Thanks in advance..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:14 pm

1. One may apply within 12 months of obtaining a qualification.
2. Yes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

santu17
Newly Registered

Post by santu17 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:36 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. One may apply within 12 months of obtaining a qualification.
2. Yes.

Thanks for your quick response Sushdmehta.

But, My big concern Sam is here already on PSW migrant visa. Now he is going to comeback on as PSW dependent on Geata. Do you think is it gonna work?

Is there any immigration rule regards to Tier 1 PSW visa, saying that, can any migrant who is in U.K. already as PSW main migrant can apply as PSW dependent?

Look forward for your reply..

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:39 pm

There is nothing in immigration rule to that restricts a Tier 1 (PSW) migrant (former or current) to apply for entry clearance as dependant of a Tier 1 (PSW) migrant.

santu17
Newly Registered

Post by santu17 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:30 pm

sushdmehta wrote:There is nothing in immigration rule to that restricts a Tier 1 (PSW) migrant (former or current) to apply for entry clearance as dependant of a Tier 1 (PSW) migrant.
Will there be any restrictions in regards to time for Sam to apply as PSW dependent? I mean, does he needs to wait like some certain amount of months time? Because, They are going backhome in end of January 2011 and applying back again in first or second week of March 2011.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:34 pm

Will there be? No one can tell you today what the rules may be in the future ... so there is no answer to such a question.

Under current rules, there is none.