ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PASSPORT WITH TIER 1 GENERAL VISA STOLEN IN PAKISTAN -HELP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:44 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/custo ... s/#header5

"If your passport and visa are lost or stolen

If you have lost your passport or had it stolen, you will need to pay the full fee for a replacement visa.

You must first apply to your country's government for a replacement passport, and then reapply to us for another visa. You will need to provide a police report as evidence that your passport has been reported missing or stolen"

Check this.....

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:48 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

For Applying Visa from Pakistan....

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:57 pm

This case has me baffled and worried and I have been looking to see what can be done about this. I would disregard the comment about new applications being closed, because looking at this thread and a few other places on the internet, it's a fresh application just because there's not separate application form and just to prove that you are still eligible - however, it doesn't really look like it's a new application. ECB 17.2 definitely makes it clear that you can get a replacement visa as long as you pay the full fee and submit supporting docs if required.

I would keep fighting this and trying to sort it out until you have a replacement visa.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:05 pm

The procedure is simple but the real issue (that leaves the migrant in limbo) is:
1. The local VAC staff do not fully understand UK immigration laws and are not trained on procedures on what needs to be done when a "rare incident" such as this happens.
2. Local BHCs no longer operate a helpline for visa enquiries by applicants nor do they entertain such enquires through email, leaving the applicants at the mercy of ill-trained VAC staff.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hj_vortex

Post by hj_vortex » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:15 am

sushdmehta wrote:The procedure is simple but the real issue (that leaves the migrant in limbo) is:
1. The local VAC staff do not fully understand UK immigration laws and are not trained on procedures on what needs to be done when a "rare incident" such as this happens.
2. Local BHCs no longer operate a helpline for visa enquiries by applicants nor do they entertain such enquires through email, leaving the applicants at the mercy of ill-trained VAC staff.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM FACING MY freind the above is 100% true and just becoz of the above 2 points there is no way forward

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:59 am

Please don't shout.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hj_vortex

Post by hj_vortex » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:01 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Please don't shout.
sorry :)

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 pm

So did you reach t a conclusion?
lets get together for migrants' rights

shyamite

Post by shyamite » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi hj_vortex,

please complete the thread by posting the conclusion of your scenario.

Regards,
KS