ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Visa to Student / Tourist / Business Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pragn
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent Visa to Student / Tourist / Business Visa

Post by pragn » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:02 pm

I have got a tier 2 visa and my spouse has a tier 2 dependent visa. I am staying in UK, but my spouse is in India. My spouse is doing a course from UK which is a 2 years course in which he has to travel every 2 months for few days. Now, if I want to go back to India leaving 6 months of the course, I am not sure if he can complete his course. I have few questions in mind:
1. Will the Tier 2 dependent visa still hold as my tier 2 visa is valid for another 2 years but I will go bback to India.
2. Can we change the visa to Student Visa.
3. He only has to come for 5-6 days (that might be broken into two / three visits) in those 6 months in UK.. can this also be achieved by a Tourist / business visa. Actually, is there a category of business visa..

Please suggest.. as i really need to decide based on this.. how to move further in my decision to stay in UK...

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:18 pm

The PBS dependant can't legally remain in the UK if the PBS migrant to which the leave is linked, is no longer living in the UK within the terms of their leave. What are the circumstances of the PBS migrants trip to India. Is it for temporary business purposes related to the work in the UK or is it a permanent re-location?

PBS dependants can't switch into Tier 4 from inside the UK.

It may be possible to apply as a student visitor if the education/course provider meets the UKBA requirements.

pragn
Newly Registered

Post by pragn » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:19 pm

Thanks for the reply..
I have checked and the course meets the UKBA requirements. Do you know if a student visa is a multiple transit visa. As my husband is staying in India, and this course has the schedule of three days each for three sessions generally within a difference of 2 months each.

Also, if in case he doesnt get this visa, then does this also impact his existing tier 2 dependent visa..

Please suggest

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: reply

Post by Greenie » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:44 pm

pragn wrote:Thanks for the reply..
I have checked and the course meets the UKBA requirements. Do you know if a student visa is a multiple transit visa. As my husband is staying in India, and this course has the schedule of three days each for three sessions generally within a difference of 2 months each.

Also, if in case he doesnt get this visa, then does this also impact his existing tier 2 dependent visa..

Please suggest
who did you check with to see if the course meets ukba's requirements? To meet the requirements of a tier 4 visa the course needs to be full time. A course which only requires him to be in the UK/attend attend college for 6 days in a 6 month period is unlikely to meet these requirements. Has your husband asked his college/uni if they would be able to issue a Cas for him?

pragn
Newly Registered

Post by pragn » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:56 pm

sorry I meant to say student visitor visa and not student visa.

What is CAS?

I am posting my question again:
Do you know if a student visitor visa is a multiple transit visa. As my husband is staying in India, and this course has the schedule of three days each for three sessions generally within a difference of 2 months each.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:39 am

1. Student visitor visa is a multiple entry visa issued for duration of 6 months.
2. No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Visa to Student / Tourist / Business Vi

Post by Greenie » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:22 am

pragn wrote:I have got a tier 2 visa and my spouse has a tier 2 dependent visa. I am staying in UK, but my spouse is in India. My spouse is doing a course from UK which is a 2 years course in which he has to travel every 2 months for few days. Now, if I want to go back to India leaving 6 months of the course, I am not sure if he can complete his course. I have few questions in mind:
1. Will the Tier 2 dependent visa still hold as my tier 2 visa is valid for another 2 years but I will go bback to India.
2. Can we change the visa to Student Visa.
3. He only has to come for 5-6 days (that might be broken into two / three visits) in those 6 months in UK.. can this also be achieved by a Tourist / business visa. Actually, is there a category of business visa..

Please suggest.. as i really need to decide based on this.. how to move further in my decision to stay in UK...
For how long are you going back to India? What type of tier 2 visa do you have?