ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds for dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a.adeel
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds for dependent

Post by a.adeel » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:20 pm

Hi all,

I am currently converting my visa from PSW to Tier 2-General
and as I was not required to show any funds, i assumed (stupid me) that i dont have to show anything for my wife either.
Now situation is, our visa is running out on 30th october, i did not maintain minimum of £533 for 3 months,
We are expecting a baby in first week of october, so can hardly ask her to go back home n apply it from there.
Any suggestions please ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:36 pm

Perhaps your sponsor can help?

In the following cases, sufficient funds will be deemed to be available where all of the following conditions are met:
(3) that Sponsor has certified on the Certificate of Sponsorship that, should it become necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the dependants of the relevant Points Based System Migrant up to the end of the first month of the relevant Points Based System Migrant's employment. The undertaking may be limited provided the limit is at least £533 per dependant. If the relevant Points Based System Migrant is applying at the same time as the applicant, points will only be awarded if the Relevant Points Based System Migrant provides a valid Certificate of Sponsorship reference number with his application

a.adeel
Newly Registered

Post by a.adeel » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks for reply but isn't it the case that a sponsor's certificate is only valid for Highly Trusted Sponsors (A) and not for others ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:41 pm

Yes. So if yours isn't then they can't help. The more information you give on a forum, the more you get.

a.adeel
Newly Registered

Post by a.adeel » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:02 pm

my sponsor is not A rated, so they can't help, even if they would be wiling to,
is there anything we can do now ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:11 pm

When does her current PBS dependant leave expire? I can't see anything in the rules that would prevent her from waiting and applying separately from you when she has held the maintenance for the required period.

Edit. I've just noticed that both of your leaves expire in October so this may not be possible.

a.adeel
Newly Registered

Post by a.adeel » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:36 pm

the only thing i can think of, is to apply her without funds, n i know its gona get refused, but then by then, the it would been enough time lapsed for 90 days, n the re-apply
double visa fees but i can't think any other way out'a this

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:38 pm

Yes, that would work. Apply by post on the last day of your leave to give yourselves as much run up as possible to the 90 days.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:51 pm

If refused (which she will be) and given the right to appeal, will she be able to make a (new) out-of-time application for leave to remain?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bastagol
Newly Registered

Post by bastagol » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:02 pm

I suggest apply with bank statement of some relative may be her mother or father or your mother or father with undertaking to support her. just give it a try (ofcourse if that is maintained)

thats my own opinion and might not work at all. Do check if this is possible at all. but atleast you can say you tried with something that did not work in the end rather sending without anything