ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP and EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fpvt2

HSMP and EC

Post by fpvt2 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:52 pm

I am new to this forum and HSMP.
After your HSMP is approved, I read that you need to apply for EC.
What is EC ? Do they give you 6 months to apply for that ?
Thanks.

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:03 pm

After reading this forum, it seems that EC is entry clearance that one need to apply from the British Embassy/Consulate to enter the UK. Is that correct ?
For someone residing in the UK (on a Permit Free Training visa), after your HSMP is approved, what do you need to apply ? And, do you also have 6 months to apply for it ?
THanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:09 pm

Once you get a HSMP approval from within UK, you need to use the FLR(IED) form to apply for LTR on basis of HSMP. Yes, you get 6 months to apply for LTR. It costs GBP 335.

But be advised that it is your responsibility to ensure that you have enough leave to remain in UK (on your PFT) when you apply for HSMP approval to last you a good 14 weeks (for HSMP approval) + any time you wish to wait before applying for LTR on HSMP basis.

Hope this helps.

regards

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:35 pm

Thank you.
What is LTR ?
What do you need to apply for it ?
Thank you.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:40 pm

What will I need to make an application if I am in the UK?

You should send separately to Work Permits (UK) at Cannock, the following:
• A completed FLR (IED) form which you can download from the IND website or can obtain by calling the applications form line on 0870 5210 224. Please note you should submit your leave to remain application before your leave expires. The FLR (IED) form and accompanying guidance is available from the ‘all forms’ section of our website www.workingintheuk.gov.uk
• If you already have your HSMP approval letter from Work Permits (UK) you should enclose it with your leave to remain application
• The correct payment (For full details of the charges and documentation that you should submit with the FLR (IED) form, please read the guidance attached to the FLR (IED)form, which can be found on our website www.workingintheuk.gov.uk under the ‘all forms’ section)
You should send the completed FLR(IED) form and accompanying documentation to Work Permits (UK) at:
Work Permits (UK) - FLR(IED)
Home Office
Walsall Road
Cannock WS11 0JA

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:34 pm

I have questions on the FLR(IED) form:
1. Section 3. Immigration Status
19. From which British diplomatic overseas did you obtain entry clearance and/or visa ?
I received my Permit Free Training Visa from Home Office in the UK, how shall I answer this question ?

2. Section 7. Additional information for HSMP extension applicants only
This is the first time I receive HSMP, do I need to complete questions in this section ?

3. Is it true that for HSMP FLR(IED), the only way is to mail the application, we can not apply for it in person in Croydon ?
The address to mail it on the FLR(IED) form is different than the one "arm" posted. The address on the FLR(IED) form to mail the completed form is:
PO BOX 493
Durham
DH99 1WT
The address "arm" posted was Walsall Road, Cannock, WS11 0JA.
Which address is correct ?

Thank you very much

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:15 pm

Hi fpvt2.

Check your PM.

regards

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:36 pm

What is PM ?

HSMPGUY

Post by HSMPGUY » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:35 am

fpvt2 wrote:What is PM ?
Its private Messages

fpvt2

Post by fpvt2 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:33 pm

Thank you.
I check my PM, but still could not answer my questions.
If any of you know the answer to my questions, please let me know. Thank you so much.

I have questions on the FLR(IED) form:
1. Section 3. Immigration Status
19. From which British diplomatic overseas did you obtain entry clearance and/or visa ?
I entered the UK using visitor visa, which I obtained from the British embassy at my home country. But, the current visa I have is Permit Free Training Visa, which I got from Home Office in the UK, how shall I answer this question ?

2. Section 7. Additional information for HSMP extension applicants only
This is the first time I receive HSMP, do I need to complete questions in this section ?

3. Is it true that for HSMP FLR(IED), the only way is to mail the application, we can not apply for it in person in Croydon ?
The address to mail it on the FLR(IED) form is different than the one "arm" posted. The address on the FLR(IED) form to mail the completed form is:
PO BOX 493
Durham
DH99 1WT
The address "arm" posted was Walsall Road, Cannock, WS11 0JA.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:09 pm

Hi fpvt2,

I don't mean to be disrespectful but it seems you don't want to do the homework on your own and are here for ready-made answers that someone must provide for you. Somone else spoon-feeding you is probably what you might be more instersted in !!

Anyways, since we are here to help each other in the best way possible, here are the answers to your questions.
From which British diplomatic overseas did you obtain entry clearance and/or visa ?
Since you have a PFT visa issued by Home ofiice in UK, mention the name of the office where you applied for PFT (Croydon??).
Additional information for HSMP extension applicants only
It should be clear to you that this does not apply to you. This is only for people who apply for "HSMP extension" after their initial grant of stay under HSMP (12 month / 24 months) is coming to an end and they need to apply for an HSMP extension. Your case is a change from PFT visa holder to HSMP visa holder.
Is it true that for HSMP FLR(IED), the only way is to mail the application, we can not apply for it in person in Croydon ?
The FLR(IED) guidance notes clearly state and I quote "Please note that this same day service is not available for applicantions for leave to remain as highly skilled migrant".
Buddy, read the form for once ... please !! On page 9 of the FLR(IED) form, it is clearly mentioned that you have to mail the application to:
PO BOX 493
Durham
DH99 1WT
So where's the confusion????

Hope the answers make you happy :wink:. All the best with your application.

regards

HSMPGUY

Post by HSMPGUY » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:10 am

sushdmehta wrote:Hi fpvt2,

I don't mean to be disrespectful but it seems you don't want to do the homework on your own and are here for ready-made answers that someone must provide for you. Somone else spoon-feeding you is probably what you might be more instersted in !!

Anyways, since we are here to help each other in the best way possible, here are the answers to your questions.
From which British diplomatic overseas did you obtain entry clearance and/or visa ?
Since you have a PFT visa issued by Home ofiice in UK, mention the name of the office where you applied for PFT (Croydon??).
Additional information for HSMP extension applicants only
It should be clear to you that this does not apply to you. This is only for people who apply for "HSMP extension" after their initial grant of stay under HSMP (12 month / 24 months) is coming to an end and they need to apply for an HSMP extension. Your case is a change from PFT visa holder to HSMP visa holder.
Is it true that for HSMP FLR(IED), the only way is to mail the application, we can not apply for it in person in Croydon ?
The FLR(IED) guidance notes clearly state and I quote "Please note that this same day service is not available for applicantions for leave to remain as highly skilled migrant".
Buddy, read the form for once ... please !! On page 9 of the FLR(IED) form, it is clearly mentioned that you have to mail the application to:
PO BOX 493
Durham
DH99 1WT
So where's the confusion????

Hope the answers make you happy :wink:. All the best with your application.

regards

Very good work Sushdmehta :wink: