ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SLIGHTLY CONFUSED !!!!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

princedante
Newly Registered

SLIGHTLY CONFUSED !!!!!

Post by princedante » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:44 am

We are slightly confused over here and any advice is appreciated.

We applied for the PR Status in July , I got the COA on the 15th Sept but dated the 5th on the letter. Which is fine so far.

Today : 24th sept my wife who is a EEA National got a letter confirming her PR status and the letter is marked the 5th Sept , So they gave her the PR status on the spot when my COA was printed.

Now is this an indication that my application is being considered and there is a chance of it being rejected or accepted ?

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Based on reports in this forum, EU applications appear to be considered a lot quicker than non-EU family members'. My husband got his RC in 1 month while mine took 8 months (but that was back in 2008)!

I imagine that the UKBA may feel it necessary to do more thorough checks on non-EU applicants or simply doesn't see any urgency in processing them as quickly. Either way, I think that where a joint application is made the decision should be same, unless there are exceptional circumstances that require rigorous examination/checks.

princedante
Newly Registered

Post by princedante » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:03 pm

it was separate applications EEA3 for the EEA and EEA4 for the Non Eea , the paperwork supported both our applications.

Its the same agent who signed the COA for myself confirmed the PR too

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:53 pm

princedante wrote:it was separate applications EEA3 for the EEA and EEA4 for the Non Eea , the paperwork supported both our applications.

Its the same agent who signed the COA for myself confirmed the PR too
I know. It appears that, for whatever reason, the UKBA is simply processing union citizens' applications faster. You'll just have to wait it out... current average turnaround times seem to be around 3 months, so not too bad.

princedante
Newly Registered

Post by princedante » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:30 pm

Fingers crossed Plum70 , many thanks for the response.

seputus

Post by seputus » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:11 pm

If you check the main EEA3 and EEA4 processing time threads, I posted my experience which matches yours, princedante.

My COA and my EEA national's PR & passport were sent within 1 month of us applying jointly, so I guess it's pretty common...

I'm going to call them next month though and ask for priority due to my job requiring me to travel on business (even though my cover letter already stated this... I'm betting it wasn't considered at the time of the application's entry into the system :P )

princedante
Newly Registered

Post by princedante » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:26 pm

From what I've been told that if the EEA National gets the PR status, it increases the chances of the Non EEA member to receive the PR status unless the documents do not add up.

Fingers Crossed

princedante
Newly Registered

Post by princedante » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:53 am

Hey guys , just thought I'll post an update , I got my PR , it arrived 15 th November 2011 , It was sent in July , my wife got her's on the same day they sent the COA to myself in September 2011 , and my stamp shows the PR was granted in October , so it took less than 3 months for them to approve my PR .

My wife also included her CRB Check which I am assuming granted her the PR status on the spot.

So all in all , Thank you for all the advices.

Good Luck

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:01 am

congrats - so happy for you..

enjoy being a permanent resident now

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:28 am

princedante wrote:My wife also included her CRB Check which I am assuming granted her the PR status on the spot.
There is no need to provide CRB check when applying.

The fast processing for the EEA national is standard practice by the HO. EEA national is issued a Residence Permit (EEA1) / PR (EEA3) when the CoA is issued for the non-EEA national (EEA2/EEA4).

princedante
Newly Registered

Post by princedante » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:53 pm

Jambo wrote:
princedante wrote:My wife also included her CRB Check which I am assuming granted her the PR status on the spot.
There is no need to provide CRB check when applying.

The fast processing for the EEA national is standard practice by the HO. EEA national is issued a Residence Permit (EEA1) / PR (EEA3) when the CoA is issued for the non-EEA national (EEA2/EEA4).
hence my assumption , but Thank You Jambo for the advice in my previous posts, much appreciated :D

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:47 am

princedante wrote:
My wife also included her CRB Check which I am assuming granted her the PR status on the spot.

So all in all , Thank you for all the advices.

Good Luck
Hi Mate how can i have a CRB for myself? any idea?

Thanks

princedante
Newly Registered

Post by princedante » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:47 am